Jul 25, 2012
Fraser Valley B.C.
VetteCoins
Car
2002 Convertible
Hi, years ago at different times I owned two dedicated natural gas crown victorias as taxis, they lacked power and kept blowing individual coils. Had them changed to NGK platinum , no more coils going, more power and gas saving. My thought was the oem Ford plugs were not hot enough to take the voltage from the coils and the plug change worked. Here the recomendation is for V power ngk, would platinum or even iridium not work as well in a c5 that is not driven hard? Rarely do I take my c5 to 110km/hr or more, usually cruise at 106 on the highway. Most of the Americans love to run Denso iridium. (sorry for the long thread)

Hi, years ago at different times I owned two dedicated natural gas crown victorias as taxis, they lacked power and kept blowing individual coils. Had them changed to NGK platinum , no more coils going, more power and gas saving. My thought was the oem Ford plugs were not hot enough to take the voltage from the coils and the plug change worked. Here the recomendation is for V power ngk, would platinum or even iridium not work as well in a c5 that is not driven hard? Rarely do I take my c5 to 110km/hr or more, usually cruise at 106 on the highway. Most of the Americans love to run Denso iridium. (sorry for the long thread)

For stock engines (no Mods) we use the NGK -TR55 , so yes the Platinum or iridium is the way to go :canada:

That's what I've seen Manny recommend every time on the ol' forum. Don't worry about writing long threads! A lot of us are bored at work and need something to read to make the day pass.:D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for at least 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.