May 10, 2010
calgary, alberta
VetteCoins
Car
2006 coupe
So I took the Vette out of hibernation today...cruising around, I went to three Chevy dealers looking for Vettes. Not one dealer had one. Talked to one salesman...he said their sold out, including everything the have coming in. If you want one April....2015!:eek:

Last edited:
After several years of selling 11-12K Corvettes each year, I guess GM was caught off guard with the increased sales this year. Still, mismanagement has them in financial troubles again and it isn't all the economy although that's the spin they try to put on it. General Motors 1Q results worst since 2009 due to recall costs; CEO says sales holding up | CTV News

I don't think they were caught off guard. I think they just sold everything they could produce and allocated the lions share by far to large markets in the US. The C7 has been a huge success for them so far and they can only sell as many as they can produce :D

If you exclude the one time recall costs, they actually did well financially and beat market expectations. The mismanagement was on not dealing with the recall issue sooner but their actual operations were very profitable... the company's North America division earned $600 million. Without the recall charge, it would have earned $1.9 billion, up from $1.4 billion a year ago. Those are decent results from actual ongoing operations.

Last edited:
$1.9 billion isn't much compared to the $6-7 billion they were earning not so long ago. Recalls are taking the blame but every manufacturer has recalls. That's nothing new and is part of doing business. At the rate they are going, they won't be building anything in Europe. Apparently the Impala is being phased out there. The line speed in the Corvette plant is no where near what the plant is capable of. A new model always sells well for the first few years and yet they are still building at the same old rate. Someone was asleep at the switch and there is a lot involved in getting inventory lined up when you speed up production. It doesn't happen over night. Contracts are usually longer term. Personally, I don't buy their line and wouldn't be buying any of their stocks at the present time. It is best to ask other people how GM is doing because GM puts its own spin on everything. Just one opinion.

Last edited:
$1.9 billion isn't much compared to the $6-7 billion they were earning not so long ago. Recalls are taking the blame but every manufacturer has recalls. That's nothing new and is part of doing business. At the rate they are going, they won't be building anything in Europe. Apparently the Impala is being phased out there. The line speed in the Corvette plant is no where near what the plant is capable of. A new model always sells well for the first few years and yet they are still building at the same old rate. Someone was asleep at the switch and there is a lot involved in getting inventory lined up when you speed up production. It doesn't happen over night. Contracts are usually longer term. Personally, I don't buy their line and wouldn't be buying any of their stocks at the present time. It is best to ask other people how GM is doing because GM puts its own spin on everything. Just one opinion.

I believe the numbers were for the quarter only... regardless, I'm not defending GM, I'm just suggesting they are still very profitable from operations. It isn't about blaming recalls IMO but rather filtering out the one time or non-recurring items and looking at the actual profitability of the underlying core business.

they may be sold out for 2014 but the 2015 will start production in late aug with this early production orders will fill very quickly and this time next year people will be asking why they are sold out... If you want a stingray you will wait a few months for it but need to order them immediately.
qualifications:
-already taken 2 orders on 2015 stingray.

I'm hoping that GM will adapt the allocation a bit more in favour to Canada for 2015, since we sold out and in the US dealers have them on the lots and not using everything that was allocated to them. I'm going to bet that the few NEW allocations that pop up here, are coming due to US dealers not utilizing all they have and they are just trying to fill in the holes to close out the 2014 production schedule.

With the CDN $ going south and the strong demand here I'll bet your going to see almost a 10% price increase. And of course the big allocation dealer's in the US and the special groups that get priority production ( rental, promotional ) delivery is a ways out, I'm hearing early 2015 if you order now (well get your name on the list to order).

From what I've heard in the 3 major Chev dealers around here is that the 2014 are sold out and 2015 is pretty much sold out also. They are getting exactly the same allocations as 2014 for 2015, so the cars are pretty much all spoken for. Also 2015s are now more expensive due to their double price increase. Canadians just get less.

:canada:

As stated earlier, they just didn't send us Canadians very many vettes, so hopefully next year, there will be more available!
That is correct as there are a couple dealers in Maine that have had C7's on the lot for 6-8 weeks .Don't know the circumstance and have not seen with my own eyes .

They also charge you Canadians more and give us the savings :D (thats a joke)

Its true the 2014 Allocations are done -- except for sporatic here and there based on the dealerships relationship with the Corvette unit.

My guess is that the 2014 allocations that we are seeing now are basically units that were offered to dealership in US but for whatever reason were not utilized so they are trickling back to us here in Canada if we have a firm deal with deposit.

Having said that the 2015 allocations havent even become available yet so its wrong to say that they are already spoken for. My dealership in Ontario got an allocation of 5 C7's for 2014 and since then we were able to get 4 more making a total of 9 for the 2014. (5 delivered, 3 currently being built and 1 allocation on hand for a 2014 Coupe without Z51 Pkg).

GM assigns allocations based on the past history of selling Corvettes so since we sold 9 in 2014 we expect atleast 9 more for 2015 (of which 3 are already spoken for as we have deposits). Im thinking we may even be able to go up as far as 12-15 units for the 2015 if we have sufficient orders.

PM if I can answer any specific questions. Or call/TXT 416-826-7006.

Best Regards,

Corvette Factory Update:

The "official" deadline to place orders for 2014 is week of May 29th and those will likely get delivered by end of mid August.

The final 2014 units will be manufactured in week of Aug 8th and the next week the factory goes into transmission mode to prepare for 2015 model year. The following week 2015 production starts! Yay!

PM or TXT me if you need more info. 416-826-7006.

Owais

So I took the Vette out of hibernation today...cruising around, I went to three Chevy dealers looking for Vettes. Not one dealer had one. Talked to one salesman...he said their sold out, including everything the have coming in. If you want one April....2015!:eek:

Saw a black on black convertible 2014 'Vette for sale in London the other day, 590km on it. Options on it were LT1 , high performance exhaust, battery tender. Still being advertised if anyone is interested PM me I can send you a link to it.

From what I've heard in the 3 major Chev dealers around here is that the 2014 are sold out and 2015 is pretty much sold out also. They are getting exactly the same allocations as 2014 for 2015, so the cars are pretty much all spoken for. Also 2015s are now more expensive due to their double price increase. Canadians just get less.

:canada:

2015 sold out?? Really can you provide the source?

2015 sold out?? Really can you provide the source?

Hi urrtoast,

GM has not released pricing yet for the 2015's nor have they started releasing allocations yet. Therefore it is totally misleading that the 2015's are sold out.

Having said that we know a few things so far about 2015:

1. 8 Speed Automatic will be available on Z06. Not sure if the rest of the trims will also offer 8 Speed Auto or not yet but most likely they will.

2. Z06 will offer an additional trim package called Z07

3. Performance Data Recorder will be an option available on all trim levels

4. A couple of new exterior Color choices will likely be available. and hopefully the ugly green will be discountinued!

5. an additional trim level may be offered called "C7.R Race Car". Details are sketchy on this new trim package at this time. Leads me to believe that this may be available for 2016

6. Production of the 2015's will start week of Aug 18th, 2014 with the first shipments reaching dealerships sometime in Sept 2014.

7. The biggest news is that the 2015 allocations will likely start popping up within the first 2 weeks of June -- likely as soon as next week -- so very soon we will have answers to a lot of our questions.

So far my dealership in Brampton, ON has deposits for 3 factory orders for 2015's. For the 2014's my dealership got a total of 9 allocations which I think is the highest number of allocations for any single Corvette dealership in Eastern Canada. Because of that we are confident that we will get at least 9 more allocations for 2015 model year and we are hoping to get between 12-15.

One thing to note here is that dealerships that do not have a history of selling Corvette usually dont get allocations till much later. Thats the reason some of the members here have been waiting for allocations for over 6 months even with deposits on hand for factory orders.

In my opinion if you want to be among the first few to get your 2015 C7 you should do some research to see which dealerships have sold Corvettes in 2013 and 2014 and based on that info place your factory orders with those specific dealership rather than placing your order with your trusted sales rep at a dealership that sold only 1 in the last year.

I hope this answers your query.

For additional questions and concerns or to place your factory order feel free to call or TXT me at 416-826-7006.

Best of Luck!

So far my dealership in Brampton, ON has deposits for 3 factory orders for 2015's. For the 2014's my dealership got a total of 9 allocations which I think is the highest number of allocations for any single Corvette dealership in Eastern Canada. Because of that we are confident that we will get at least 9 more allocations for 2015 model year and we are hoping to get between 12-15.

I have a 2014 on order coming in July from Wilson Niblett in Toronto, they had 40 allocations last year and expect more in 2015. Before an additional allocation came up in early May I was 13th in line with them for a 2015, fortunately I wasn't looking for a Z51 so I was able to grab it. My understanding is they have 16 orders waiting for the 2015 Z06 to be made available. They claim to be Canada's #1 Corvette dealer in their advertising.

I just got confirmation that we have allocation for one 2014 Corvette Coupe any trim level and option you like but no Z51 and no Convertible.

Guaranteed delivery in Mid August.

The deadline to place this order is today @ 7:30pm Toronto Time!

Please Call or TXT me asap with all your specs and options.

416-826-7006.

Best of luck!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.