Sorry to hear this Andrew. I'd be totally pissed as well. Hopefully GM brass steps up to the plate for you. As far as the dealer goes, they could have shown a little care just by covering your car. Care to share what dealer to maybe protect someone else down the road.

With voltmeter it does test at 13.5v

14 hrs later GM Roadside assistance can't find anyone in my area to get the car...
Sorry to pester you with some questions on your older posts, but 13.5v is pretty high for an engine-off reading, I assume the battery was still connected? Also, some people seem to have success in these cases by disconnecting the battery, charging it up with at least a 10amp charger, then reconnecting. Did you by chance try this method?
Thanks much.

Nah, u won’t sell it once it is driveable again. Bets?
You are just understandably frustrated.

Our 2015 C7/was parked at the dealer 6 weeks waiting for a water pump. I drove a rental POS. We kept the car.

One of our Lambos waited for 2 weeks to be driveable again after dealer f’d up the software flash for setting up the clutch, and sent their Lambo computer to another province the same day. We kept the POS car for a while.

Just ordered a GM bumper for another vehicle I am restoring. They tell me 3 month ETA as there is no stock anywhere.

F! Specialty cars are a pain.

Reactions: Murray20c8
I went for a short drive and when I returned home my car did an update. It is now dead. It has been an hr.
Would disconnecting the battery help?

Update...disconnected the battery for a few minutes then reconnected. Same status.
Plugged in the battery tender and will call the dealer in the am.
I checked the battery and it seems fine.

I have contacted GM roadside assistance to get it towed to dealer in the am.
Andrew, something similar happened to my C8. I took it to the body shop to have the front repair after I hit some debris on the road. The dealer then called me and said that there was an ecm bulletin and if I wanted them to do the reset and the update, and I said sure! The car would not start after the update and now they are telling me that it needs a new ecm. Of course the ecm is in back order and they don't know when they can get one in.

I am beyond frustrated! However the dealer provided a "loaner" car at their own cost so at least I have something nice to drive around. I hope that you got your Corvette repaired and are still enjoying on the road.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.