A friend of mine has the PSS ZP tires and they've cracked just moving it 8 feet in -15 weather in the garage. All 4 tires were cracked and replaced in spring. I wrote a letter to Michelin asking about cold restrictions for these tires. At +4 deg. you have little traction. At -7 deg. celsius tires can crack. It can be parked in low temperatures but not moved until tire is above -7deg.
I park my car in my non heated garage. Temperature has reached -20 inside at times. Come spring tires look great. I store my car on top of rubber pads( 3' x 3' ) i purchased at Home Depot for about $25, cut into 1/4 sections. then place a piece of carpet between pad and tires. Seems to work well.

Reactions: ddgermann
I take mine off the car and put them in the heated basement. Put the original wheels and Goodyear F1's on and put the car on roller dollies.

Tires are just too expensive to take a chance with. I feel cold just talking about winter.:Biggrin:

Last edited:
I like the idea of using rubber mats. I have a couple already so I'll put them under the tires. I think I'll try it without lifting but I will keep a close eye on them. I'll let you know how I fare come next spring.
I use rubber backed carpet to keep the shells off of the cement. No heat in my garage either, unfortunately. The carpet seems to work well, have done this for years now and no tire issues.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.