Ah I see, so something more recent.

When I bought my RX-8 in 2005 it was completely reversed. Probably 80% manual at least.

I absolutely want manual, so I will keep my eyes open. I wonder if the rarity of them helps or hurts depreciation. Less of them, but sounds like less demand as well.
My last car before C5 wash a Shelby GT500 with MT - a brute to drive around the city. My C7 in M mode works beautifully - ST are passe - just for those that can't accept the new way in automotive driving - someone special in mind with this little jab - LOL!!!

Ah I see, so something more recent.

When I bought my RX-8 in 2005 it was completely reversed. Probably 80% manual at least.

I absolutely want manual, so I will keep my eyes open. I wonder if the rarity of them helps or hurts depreciation. Less of them, but sounds like less demand as well.

It won't be long and there will nearly no manual transmission sports cars around. Mine is an M7 and I think as time goes by, the manual tranny will add to value for the purists that still love that connection to your car and can't get it anywhere else. JMO of course.

It won't be long and there will nearly no manual transmission sports cars around. Mine is an M7 and I think as time goes by, the manual tranny will add to value for the purists that still love that connection to your car and can't get it anywhere else. JMO of course.
I would not bet on the “increased value” part as I see just about every kid in high school right now is being raised by millennial helicopter and snowplow parents where everything is done for them - just like they were ... the manual shift goes against all that work those Parents are not doing ... that is unless the Nannies (oxymoron pun) are teaching them 😂

Last edited:
If you need a connection that bad get a dog; then, at least, you will get the odd lick - LOL!!! I was waiting for you big guy! Have a great day!!:Cheers2:

• Haha
Reactions: Rruuff Day
I knew you had it in you!!! I always bring out the best in you - LOL!:Woohoo::Woohoo:
you laugh... This is Quinn driving my 3 on the tree plow truck... She has a bit of trouble shifting from 1st to 2nd but otherwise does just fine. lol...

DSCN5277.JPG

Imagine that: "cfug" I found your car!!!

2017; LOW mileage (less than 9,000 km); standard transmission; 3LT trim; low-ish ASKING price (I'm sure they'll do much better); no accidents; it's in your home province of Ontario; beautiful!!! Make sure to tell the dealer I referred you there, so I'm eligible for the "bird-dog fee"! :)

Or how about a 2017 Grand Sport 3LZ manual transmission with the same asking price, but higher mileage, although it's in Quebec so farther away:

Decisions, decisions...

Let us know what you buy...and don't forget to post pictures!

Last edited:
Reactions: BDK
Since I built and took delivery of a 2019 Grand Sport vert, 7spd, in April 2018, I thought I'd offer my two cents.

I looked carefully at all three trim levels and decided on a 1LT and added roughly 10 different options to my order, from Navi to custom wheels, carbon, colour highlights. By doing this, I still saved about $5,000 below a 2LT and got the specific options I wanted while not worrying about some 2LT options I didn't care to have (ie. memory seats).

As others mentioned, get as much bang for the buck as you can, and really decide what options you can't live without, that will help determine trim level!

Have fun.

Since I built and took delivery of a 2019 Grand Sport vert, 7spd, in April 2018, I thought I'd offer my two cents.

I looked carefully at all three trim levels and decided on a 1LT and added roughly 10 different options to my order, from Navi to custom wheels, carbon, colour highlights. By doing this, I still saved about $5,000 below a 2LT and got the specific options I wanted while not worrying about some 2LT options I didn't care to have (ie. memory seats).

As others mentioned, get as much bang for the buck as you can, and really decide what options you can't live without, that will help determine trim level!

Have fun.
Nice car! Good choice of wheels: I like black wheels with the white exterior!!

I had a 1LT 2009 C6 and loved the car but always missed the upgrades that came with a higher trim level, but it was my first Vette and it was a Corvette. When I purchased my 2015 I knew, long before I went to my dealership, that I wanted an optioned out model. The dealer had 2 on the lot. I had a look and although beautiful cars, they didn't have the things I wanted. The salesman asked if I saw the one in the showroom. The deal was made the next day. My car is a loaded up 3LT and I would buy the same trim level and options all over again. Look closely at the standard features on each of the trim levels.
My seats in my 1LT 09 were mulan leather, which is equivalent to Spam. It is ground up leather scraps that are glued and bonded together again and they can still call it leather. It looks good but in 5 years my 09 seats were wrinkled, ribbed, and showing wear spots, one that I had to have professionally repaired when it turned into a hole. My 3LT C7 are Nappa leather. (real full grain, not split or bonded leather), and look exactly like they did in the showroom after 5 years.
The Heads up display was new to me as well and I love it. You get use to it easily and it keeps your eyes forward.
The extra leather trim interior wrapping is just looks, but it looks damn good.
Upgraded Bose sound system, including GPS nav, (Apple Car play and Android Auto in the 2016 and newer)
Heated and ventilated seats
Memory seats and steering wheel
Front curb camera (a must have IMO)
Universal home remote
Performance Data Recorder (a must have great upgrade option IMO)

That's all I can think of at the moment, and this is certainly just my opinion. The 1 and 2 LT's are still wonderful cars but definitely look close at what you want in your ride.

• Agree
Reactions: 12cents and BDK
good thoughtful post

I had a 1LT 2009 C6 and loved the car but always missed the upgrades that came with a higher trim level, but it was my first Vette and it was a Corvette. When I purchased my 2015 I knew, long before I went to my dealership, that I wanted an optioned out model. The dealer had 2 on the lot. I had a look and although beautiful cars, they didn't have the things I wanted. The salesman asked if I saw the one in the showroom. The deal was made the next day. My car is a loaded up 3LT and I would buy the same trim level and options all over again. Look closely at the standard features on each of the trim levels.
My seats in my 1LT 09 were mulan leather, which is equivalent to Spam. It is ground up leather scraps that are glued and bonded together again and they can still call it leather. It looks good but in 5 years my 09 seats were wrinkled, ribbed, and showing wear spots, one that I had to have professionally repaired when it turned into a hole. My 3LT C7 are Nappa leather. (real full grain, not split or bonded leather), and look exactly like they did in the showroom after 5 years.
The Heads up display was new to me as well and I love it. You get use to it easily and it keeps your eyes forward.
Upgraded Bose sound system, including GPS nav, (Apple Car play and Android Auto in the 2016 and newer)
Universal home remote

That's all I can think of at the moment, and this is certainly just my opinion. The 1 and 2 LT's are still wonderful cars but definitely look close at what you want in your ride.

Universal home remote

I have 2LT because that is what was on the car I saw in the show room and bought. I like the 2LT pkg. for all the reasons mentioned - 1LT not my pkg. as I like all the extras; especially, the cameras. The mulan seats not an issue for me at all: drive very little - so minimal wear and tear - so far, still looks new with no wear. I did order the upgraded seats on my C8 which would have been Nappa leather just because I like the look of them. Nappa leather does need to be cared for: cleaned and conditioned once in a while with the right products - certainly looks great and is nice and soft.

LOL, hate to be outa line with how the thread's gone, but I've got a triple black C-5 roadster and absolutely love it! I just like the pop up headlites, the oval tail lights, and the overall styling of it over the C-7's , but that's me . To me the C-7's have a "transformer" look and the 5's and 6's have more "retro vette" look , but again that's me!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.