Featured Thread
Tourmax, I was a SB and AR RSO with the CF cadet program for 24 years. We trained the cadets with Daisy 853C rifles, at 495 ft/sec muzzle velocity, just short of firearm status. You should try that rifle. Very accurate... A properly trained cadets will shoot grouping targets less than 2 cms, and 90's on a 10 meter range. Good stuff at keeping up the skillset. We would train rookie reservists at the request of the units, as we could shoot these rifles anywhere, not just on a proper CF range. It allowed us to give them the basic training and skills up front, so that they wouldn't be wasting their time on a cold outdoor range.
Anyway, have a look at this link, you'll find that this outfit has plenty of accessories for this kind of shooting.
Enjoy!
853c has been out of production for a while now. But I’d love to find a used one. Hard to cone by around these parts.

The daisy “replacement” for the 853C is the 953. But the 953 doesn’t hold a candle to the 853.

The 853 came with a Lothar Walther barrel, very high quality piece and a big reason why the 853 was such a good target shooter.

The 953 comes with a generic “chinese” barrel. Hence why the 953 can be had so much cheaper new than and 853 will cost you used....assuming you can find one that is.

Reactions: Live Wire
Coming along:

Thats the “plinth” attached with the raising screw and knob.

Next up is the rest of the knobs/handles:

Thats a 2” piece of 6061, knurled, drilled and tapped for 7/16 NC. When I get back to it, I’ll part off a half an inch at a time to make more turning knobs.

This bad boy showed up today too:

Spotter scope. Up to 80x magnification. Works fine on 40-60x to see the pellet impacts on my back yard targets.

My backyard shooting range is coming together nicely...:)

Last edited:
Reactions: 12cents
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.