Thanks Doug, I'm ready to do it. Just need some warm weather and I'll drag the two cars here. I really haven't even driven the C3 ('cept round the block twice)
But I figure a fresh crate engine has to be an improvement over a 35 yr. old stock one. Hope I'm right!:driving:

I was going to get some from the GM dealership. They say it looses it's effectiveness after a while. I was thinking if it is better to add a portion and then later add more ---or---just put it all in and replace at next oil change. Do u have an opinion on this?

what i do is pre-mix 5lt to 1 bottle of eos in a jug. if you're unsure what's in the motor now to be safe i would drain it and add the new mixed oil. i buy it by the case because the per bottle price drops by about 2 bucks. maybe greg would go halvers with you on a case.

Bob, the new auto parts store across from the GM dealer has it on the shelf as well. You only need a couple of bottles a year for all the driving we do (2 oil changes).

Thanks Greg, I haven't been in 2 that new place. I'll take a run up there----when the snow is cleared! I use a lot of "Fluid Film" maybe I'll check their price on it. I'm going 2 take pics of my swap-----jus so u guys can coach or enjoy my endeavours!

Believe it or not----I have a bed rail chained 2 the roof rafters with 2x4's as uprights and a chainfall 2 pull the engine. If the snow load doesn't bring down the roof----she shud hold the weight of the drivetrain! ----It's OK---I have pulled many an engine in this very spot!----Although---I swapped my 115merc outboard on the tree limb in the backyard last summer.:leaving:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.