Feb 29, 2020
VetteCoins
Car
C7 Corvette Coupe
Province
ON
Hello Guys,

I recently bought a glass top for my C7 2017 corvette. Out of curiosity, how much would a black carbon fiber top go for? I don't really want two tops haha.

:Wideyed:

Photo please top & underside.
Also will need a postal code
so that I can find a nearby shipper.

I bought a used exposed carbon fibre panel recently ...
it was $1100 and I took care of shipping.

Last edited:
:Wideyed:

Photo please top & underside.
Also will need a postal code
so that I can find a nearby shipper.

I bought a used exposed carbon fibre panel recently ...
it was $1100 and I took care of shipping.
I don't have a photo of it, however I can go to storage tomorrow and get you some pics :)

Thanks for responding ...
Photos may definitely help your sale on CCF. At your pace though - it's your sale.
Year and model the roof is from might help out too (1LT, 2LT, 3LT, etc ...)

I was also thinking this was exposed carbon fibre.
I am not aware of a huge market on painted panels but you never know.
Cheers & Best of Good Fortune :thumbs:

Hello Guys,

I recently bought a glass top for my C7 2017 corvette. Out of curiosity, how much would a black carbon fiber top go for? I don't really want two tops haha.
If you are posting for sale Corvetti, please use our Classified section instead of the regular forums. You will need a minimum of 10 regular posts to be able to utilize our classifieds. Ypu already have 8 so 3 more chats will work. Thanks.

Reactions: Corvetti
Hello Guys,

I have 2 tops for each of my C7s. I purchased two of the GM Accessory storage bags and just hang the spare tops on the garage wall during the Summer (in the back of the Corvette in the Winter). Thinking when it comes to reselling one of my Corvettes that a Buyer might appreciate the original painted top.
It seems your thread has strayed with someone wanting the top you want to keep and CCF is stating selling instructions for it.
I would suggest to just keep the original painted top and tuck it away.
I recently helped to sell a C6-2008 that had both solid and transparent tops and it definitely helped the Buyer when thinking the clear top would be too hot. Problem was solved and the C6 sold with both options.
Just something to think about ... Cheers

Last edited:
Methinks anyone reading the OP would see that it's obviously the black top he may be selling. My post was for information if he does intend to post it for sale.

Methinks anyone reading the OP would see that it's obviously the black top he may be selling. My post was for information if he does intend to post it for sale.
I absolutely realized the reason for the CCF reply and that you have to do it. All good. I see the stray to the clear top though and that there is a trasparent top currently listed on CCF in the appropriate section. The buyer will have to call a shipper (like digital post or similar) in Edmonton for packaging and shipping if out of the Province though. I’ve done that in the past from BC to AB and just factored in the cost for offer & buying.

For a solid painted panel, I have not seen many of them for sale to suggest a price.

Agreed. The solid panel is not as desirable but the black would at least look acceptable on most colour cars. I listed my victory red c6 top many years ago for sale for $300.00 and had no interest whatsoever but that colour would be a pretty limited market unless someone damaged their top and was prepared to have it painted. Ended up letting it go with the car.

I ended up selling it for $1000 if anyone is curious. I'm a little shocked and it was a local pickup too!!
Appreciate your follow-up on your solid roof panel resale.
Curious if you found your buyer from this Website or via another (ie. Kijiji, etc)
Thanks

Always good knowing a C7 painted roof panel (black color) has a precedence of reselling for $1000 (picked up).
As precedence for the resale of a C7 transparent roof panel is in the $1100-$1500 range.

I know of two Owners looking for a C6 transparent panel (complete and not parted).
Trying to get them both to sign-up on CCF and post their hunt as it cannot be done 3rd-party.

Last edited:
Appreciate your follow-up on your solid roof panel resale.
Curious if you found your buyer from this Website or via another (ie. Kijiji, etc)
Thanks

Always good knowing a C7 painted roof panel (black color) has a precedence of reselling for $1000 (picked up).
As precedence for the resale of a C7 transparent roof panel is in the $1100-$1500 range.

I know of two Owners looking for a C6 transparent panel (complete and not parted).
Trying to get them both to sign-up on CCF and post their hunt as it cannot be done 3rd-party.
Thank you!! I used Facebook marketplace and poof took about 2 weeks? I can't remember but I do know it was under a month. The guy has a white corvette and wants a black top.

I feel like marketplace is a solid place to sell stuff though

Reactions: YFCvii
We bought our transparent top from a vendor who told us it was complete. it is not.

If someone wishes to replace a damaged C7 top it would be a good swap by taking parts from a damaged top, and putting them on this one.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread