So..............a bit of an update on my situation. The GM of the dealership called me last week because of some 'social media comments' he read. Maybe this forum? He didn't say, however he wanted me to go meet with him to try to sort out the 'concerning comments' that he read. At the end of a lot of discussion, and my calling him out on all the BS fees the dealership tacked on, I ended up getting $1000 back on the extra fees they decided to arbitrarily add for things I didn't want nor would I ever have agreed to. I believe he expected me to profusely thank him when I opened the cheque. Although it was appreciated it didn't alleviate much of what happened.

One thing that made me laugh was that he said part of the fees was because they emptied the air from the tires and re-filled them with nitrogen. I told him that was THEIR decision, not mine, and that I would have been fine with the air that they put in the tires in Bowling Green. He tried to justify that extra cost for again, something I didn't want nor was told about. When I also asked him why they tried to charge me $175 for a tank of fuel his answer was 'gas isn't free and we have over 1500 employees that we have to pay'. I told him a tank should be free when you hand him a bank draft for $106,000.00. He didn't have an answer for that and continued to lie and claim that 'everyone does these things'. When I told him other dealerships don't and other costs are minimal he again told me that everyone charges all the same fees.

He went on to say that all the rest of the commenters on the forum lied or didn't know how things worked. This included multiple dealerships I called along with half a dozen salespeople/managers at other GM dealerships that are NOT part of this particular ownership group. Not a single other GM dealer my family has bought from in the past 50 years, including my parents and in-laws, EVER paid a dime for fuel on a brand new car nor had fees tacked on for extras that they didn't order nor wanted. His answer again was that everyone else was wrong.

I also cancelled my order with them for the high wing spoiler and labor I had already paid for and I re-ordered the high wing for $300 cheaper from a dealer in Ottawa. The treatment I received from the GM at that particular dealership made my experience horrible and I walked away feeling like a 16 year old kid buying his first car and getting chumped by a GM who thought I didn't know better and was going to swallow all the BS he kept feeding me. Dealing with him killed any excitement I had after a 19 month wait. I really hope no one here has a similar experience but it might be a good idea to ask your dealer EXACTLY what the final price will be before the car arrives to avoid the garbage I dealt with.

Sorry to hear about this experience. I always recommend sorting out the "final price" before taking actual delivery. It makes the delivery quicker, a lot more smooth and avoids unpleasant surprises. Plus the car isn't actually sitting in front of you so you're less emotional and less likely to just accept everything, and you've got time before the delivery to sort things out, even if it means contacting a manager or in the case of rtrombley3 (it sounds like he dealt with the general manager) the owner of the dealership, if you feel that strongly about what's being proposed. As for a tank of gas, I've never paid for that and I've purchased many new vehicles, including a 2020 and (quite recently) a 2023 C8. Maybe it's more common in Ontario and more recently? I know I bought a BMW from Toronto years ago and had it shipped out West; it came with a full tank. I suspect the dealerships I've dealt with here in Alberta would be embarrassed to ask to be reimbursed for gas.

MY dealer in Victoria ( Jenner ) fills the tires with Nitrogen and puts wheel locks on for free . Plus gave me a chit for the gas station to fill the car. Cost about $145.00 to fill with 91.

If Bowling Green put nitrogen in the tires they would probably change the valve caps to the green coloured ones.

Not all dealers are hosers, but some of them sure try to be.

As for a tank of gas, I've never paid for that and I've purchased many new vehicles, including a 2020 and (quite recently) a 2023 C8. Maybe it's more common in Ontario and more recently? I know I bought a BMW from Toronto years ago and had it shipped out West; it came with a full tank. I suspect the dealerships I've dealt with here in Alberta would be embarrassed to ask to be reimbursed for gas.
Ya, since it squirts out your collective asses! ;)
(Murray: bitter Ontarian)

• Haha
Reactions: Rruuff Day
My salesman assured me that they (the dealership) would fill the tank. Well, they sort of did. The gauge showed a bit over half when I took delivery. I drove it across the street and put another $20 in. No biggie. But then I saw the $150 fuel charge on the invoice. I let the salesman know that I was a bit miffed. Not for the $150, but that they said they would fill it, then charged me.

The 2022 supposedly has a smaller tank than the 2020 and 2021. 60 litres as opposed to 71 litres. If the 2023 is the same, that would be $2.91 per litre. Don't know what your premium sells for down there but it's about $1.75 here. Of course a tech's time at $175.00 per hour for 15 minutes would add it up fast. Found out last time at my dealer that there is a $55.00 minimum labour charge as soon as tech moves towards your car. They get you coming or going.
2023 fuel capacity is 71 litres or 18 gal US.

2000 freight, 599 dealer admin/doc fee, 399 etching. i got the EPP from another dealer for cost +500$ = 2400$. I knew I was being taken, but they would not budge. Ottawa sucks for buying cars… and other stuff..
They learnt from the govn
Always finding new ways to suck money out of our pockets

Reactions: JR410
It's more a matter of supply and demand. Demand for the C8 is high so they know if a buyer walks away there is another waiting in the wings.
Demand may be slowing a bit.
Just received an e-mail for two 2023 Z06 up for sale stateside. Surprised me that they were not already spoken for although I had heard that some US dealers were ordering the Z06 for their stock and then probably sell to the highest bidder.

• Informative
Reactions: Murray20c8
Took delivery of my C8 this week. Although the car is all I expected my delivery from the dealer wasn't as pleasurable. Expecting an invoice total here's what the dealer added and I'm wondering how much of this is standard; 'Etch' charge - $600.00, tank of fuel - $175.00, PDI - $1500.00, admin fee - $400.00.

After some discussion with the dealer's general manager I got the fuel fee dropped to $100.00 and the 'etch' fee down to $300.00 (although I didn't order this I was told 'we do this to all our vehicles' which I think is BS). Before I contact GM about my satisfaction survey I'd like to hear if others have had these or other charges added. Even after I disputed the 'etch' fee that I did not order, nor would ever have bought if I had the option, they still only reduced it by 50%.
With my delivery I asked if I had an option to not take any of that BS change's and the only thing I paid was the 399 admin fee

Demand may be slowing a bit.
Just received an e-mail for two 2023 Z06 up for sale stateside. Surprised me that they were not already spoken for although I had heard that some US dealers were ordering the Z06 for their stock and then probably sell to the highest bidder.
Just checked where the 714 area code is located and it is California. Dealer is probably looking for a bidding war although maybe with the tech layoffs there might be some slack in the market

Reactions: Murray20c8
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread