Jul 6, 2013
London
VetteCoins
Car
1991 convertible
IMG_4148.JPG
What a day!!

Wow! Great temp outside! After a scary start to winter, things got a lot better here but not 19!
Things are now returning back to seasonal so all we get to do is wait for the sun to return in the Spring.

I am still driving my car: rain only, no snow (salt/sand) and mild temps=keep driving - a little rain won't hurt. I was one of these people that stored my car until the spring; but, no more as long as conditions warrant this year.

Reactions: nascar03
I am still driving my car: rain only, no snow (salt/sand) and mild temps=keep driving - a little rain won't hurt. I was one of these people that stored my car until the spring; but, no more as long as conditions warrant this year.
Damn! Now I have one more opportunity to drool and envy another mild climate driver.... Where is the global warming we were promised here on the prairies..... lol.... Good on ya JCWP.... enjoy every day of winter driving that you can.... Even if some of us are turning a bit green.... :Cryin:

It was beautiful out this morning but calling for rain then show later in the day. More crappy weather in the coming week. We took the Corvette for a drive, added gas, stabilizer and brought it home to snuggle in for the winter. It is already raining. At least the last little drive was a nice one.

Attachments

• Our Corvette Front Quarter In Leaves.JPG
    Our Corvette Front Quarter In Leaves.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 9
Still driving my C7 as weather permits: no snow (sand/salt) or too cold for the tires. Drove yesterday and will drive to-day. City driving - so, 50Km+ only.

Still driving my plow truck as weather permits too! Forecast says I'll be driving it again on New Year's day... :(:(

Keep up the updates JCWP.... Glad someone is getting some Vette time.... :thumbs:

IMG_20161224_142956.jpg

Thx.... There's not a C7 colour I didn't like. They all look amazing, but the DSOM pulled me a little more...Plus it was the only one I could find loaded up with the options I wanted.... :)

Actually, I do have to agree with you: I bought mine because it had the options I wanted - 2LT but loaded with all the additional options. I would have bought it regardless of the color because I really liked:the yellow, blue, ruby red. I would not have been crazy about black because of the trouble keeping it looking good (owned 2 black cars before-last one a shelby GT500 convertible) or the silver - I like mine better - shark grey metallic. Stay warm!!

I have a farm and one mile of gravel.... :( ... black was not even considered as a colour for me. Brenda (significantly better half) has a black metallic MKX. Gorgeous until she drives it home..... lol....

no kidding.... Brenda ribs me every time and suggests she walk from the black top and have supper ready for me when I get home.... It's the slowest 8 minute mile in my history...lol...Doesn't matter how slow though. Still have to stop in town or at home for a quick dust wash off before going any further...

LOL.... Thx JC. There are some great things about winter on the prairies... .. For instance. I bet you've never froze your tongue to a metal fence post? We learn extremely important life lessons in the winter ....:Ice::rofl:

You can tell I am retired eh? Too much time on my computer. I grew up in London Ont. (snow belt) so can relate to cold snowy winter - and guess what - I do not miss them a bit. You have the whole winter to wax your baby - your vette I mean!! What kind of crops do you grow or do you have cattle or dairy?? My 1st cousins mom side are farmers in P.A. Sask.

I have a niece living and going to school in London....Not a farmer JC but I do have a tractor... lol. I am the associate manager of a Civil Engineering company in Red Deer. We lived in the country since moving here from NS in 1980 and sold our acreage and bought Brenda's family farm East of Red Deer about 15 years ago. We have a 5 acre yard, lease 120 acres to a grain farmer neighbour and lease the remaining 35 acres of pasture to another neighbour who raises Brahma/Watusi cross rodeo stock bulls ... So all the perks of a farm and none of the work....lol.... xfire82 (member here) lives just outside of PA and he is a farmer too, Wonder If he knows your cousin... And yes. my baby gets lots of TLC over the long cold winter.... Will wax her later on and think I will black out the fender marker lights this winter as well. And I am not far from some level of retirement either.... and looking forward to it....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread