Ironic I am reading this. Pulled up at a light to a nice Porsche 911. He looked at me, and I looked at him and waved back--as if to acknowledge his great taste in cars. He nodded and waved back.

The light turned green, and I left him in my rear-view mirror--never to see each other again...........

I think people should wave for not only Corvettes, but anyone else who looks like to appreciate a finer, more rare, or crazy automobile.

Last edited:
Ironic I am reading this. Pulled up at a light to a nice Porsche 911. He looked at me, and I looked at him and waved back--as if to acknowledge his great taste in car. He nodded and waved back.

The light turned green, and I left him in my rear-view mirror--never to see each other again...........

I think people should wave for not only Corvettes, but anyone else who looks like the appreciate a finer, more rare, or crazy automobile.

Absolutely -- there are many, many great cars out there worth a wave .. Good point Vince.

C.

I always wave at Corvettes of any vintage or any nice car, be it an old Chevy or a new Ferrari. There aren't enough rare or exotics out there and like Colin says, they are all worth a wave. Driving these cars should be encouraged. I haven't had a Vette that didn't wave back yet but I don't wave at Mustangs.
I don't have anything against Mustangs but there are so many my arm would be sore and I try to keep two hands on the wheel!

I always wave at Corvettes of any vintage or any nice car, be it an old Chevy or a new Ferrari. There aren't enough rare or exotics out there and like Colin says, they are all worth a wave. Driving these cars should be encouraged. I haven't had a Vette that didn't wave back yet but I don't wave at Mustangs.
I don't have anything against Mustangs but there are so many my arm would be sore and I try to keep two hands on the wheel!

I understand your reasoning but the mustang is "arguably" the iconic muscle car.... how about a compromise...wave only to the Shelbys and Boss 302's ???

I think one of the pleasure and fun of owning a Vette is the wave.
To be able to own a car that has been produced in the USA for 60 years, in the same format, 2 doors , a V8 mostly , great stlye is very rewarding .
I was hooked from the first time I watched Route 66.

I think one of the pleasure and fun of owning a Vette is the wave.
To be able to own a car that has been produced in the USA for 60 years, in the same format, 2 doors , a V8 mostly , great stlye is very rewarding .
I was hooked from the first time I watched Route 66.

Dan, I have no clue about that show -- Must be way, way before my time -- :confused:

C.

The show was 2 men who traveled route 66 seeking adventure and saving the world
It featured Martin Melnor from a cop show Adam 12 later in his carreer
and George Maharris
The had a 60 or 62 vette. as their ride.
It was a 1 hour chev corvette commercial.
Golle it and see .
You must be young to not know this

Last edited by a moderator:
The show was 2 men who traveled route 66 seeking adventure and saving the world
It featured Martin Melnor from a cop show Adam 12 later in his carreer
and George Maharris
The had a 60 or 62 vette. as their ride.
It was a 1 hour chev corvette commercial.
Golle it and see .
You must be young to not know this

oh very young indeed ..... but I heard that the other star was Glenn Corbett -- no idea who he is either -- this is all hearsay -- I"ve seen the odd show in reruns on Nickleodeon tho.

........... yes, yes, very young.

C.

another connection to route 66 was the show emergency. martin milner appeared in route 66 and adam 12, the emergency show had been a spinoff of adam 12. one of the regulars in emergency, bobby troop, wrote the song route 66 in the late 1940's.

Never saw them either -- but they're on reruns on the "Nic" tho ..

Gosh you guys must be old old , like up around 50 or so . geesh I had no idea I was in the midst of a bunch of old farts. I hope it doesn't rub off.:D

C.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for at least 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread