Ironic I am reading this. Pulled up at a light to a nice Porsche 911. He looked at me, and I looked at him and waved back--as if to acknowledge his great taste in cars. He nodded and waved back.

The light turned green, and I left him in my rear-view mirror--never to see each other again...........

I think people should wave for not only Corvettes, but anyone else who looks like to appreciate a finer, more rare, or crazy automobile.

Last edited:
Ironic I am reading this. Pulled up at a light to a nice Porsche 911. He looked at me, and I looked at him and waved back--as if to acknowledge his great taste in car. He nodded and waved back.

The light turned green, and I left him in my rear-view mirror--never to see each other again...........

I think people should wave for not only Corvettes, but anyone else who looks like the appreciate a finer, more rare, or crazy automobile.

Absolutely -- there are many, many great cars out there worth a wave .. Good point Vince.

C.

I always wave at Corvettes of any vintage or any nice car, be it an old Chevy or a new Ferrari. There aren't enough rare or exotics out there and like Colin says, they are all worth a wave. Driving these cars should be encouraged. I haven't had a Vette that didn't wave back yet but I don't wave at Mustangs.
I don't have anything against Mustangs but there are so many my arm would be sore and I try to keep two hands on the wheel!

I always wave at Corvettes of any vintage or any nice car, be it an old Chevy or a new Ferrari. There aren't enough rare or exotics out there and like Colin says, they are all worth a wave. Driving these cars should be encouraged. I haven't had a Vette that didn't wave back yet but I don't wave at Mustangs.
I don't have anything against Mustangs but there are so many my arm would be sore and I try to keep two hands on the wheel!

I understand your reasoning but the mustang is "arguably" the iconic muscle car.... how about a compromise...wave only to the Shelbys and Boss 302's ???

I think one of the pleasure and fun of owning a Vette is the wave.
To be able to own a car that has been produced in the USA for 60 years, in the same format, 2 doors , a V8 mostly , great stlye is very rewarding .
I was hooked from the first time I watched Route 66.

I think one of the pleasure and fun of owning a Vette is the wave.
To be able to own a car that has been produced in the USA for 60 years, in the same format, 2 doors , a V8 mostly , great stlye is very rewarding .
I was hooked from the first time I watched Route 66.

Dan, I have no clue about that show -- Must be way, way before my time -- :confused:

C.

The show was 2 men who traveled route 66 seeking adventure and saving the world
It featured Martin Melnor from a cop show Adam 12 later in his carreer
and George Maharris
The had a 60 or 62 vette. as their ride.
It was a 1 hour chev corvette commercial.
Golle it and see .
You must be young to not know this

Last edited by a moderator:
The show was 2 men who traveled route 66 seeking adventure and saving the world
It featured Martin Melnor from a cop show Adam 12 later in his carreer
and George Maharris
The had a 60 or 62 vette. as their ride.
It was a 1 hour chev corvette commercial.
Golle it and see .
You must be young to not know this

oh very young indeed ..... but I heard that the other star was Glenn Corbett -- no idea who he is either -- this is all hearsay -- I"ve seen the odd show in reruns on Nickleodeon tho.

........... yes, yes, very young.

C.

Never saw them either -- but they're on reruns on the "Nic" tho ..

Gosh you guys must be old old , like up around 50 or so . geesh I had no idea I was in the midst of a bunch of old farts. I hope it doesn't rub off.:D

C.

I understand your reasoning but the mustang is "arguably" the iconic muscle car.... how about a compromise...wave only to the Shelbys and Boss 302's ???

I think that is a good compromise. Maybe a nice GT with a sweet sounding exhaust too.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread