Oct 7, 2016
Spruce Grove, Ab
VetteCoins
Car
2016 Z51
RIP Gord
My Leafs sweater...

20161017_164531.jpg 20161017_164602.jpg

True Canadian from his family to his Canadian Family to how he dealt with live, love and being a human being and giving us understanding through his music that is embedded in all our roots.
Canadian Icon and now Legend.

I was lucky in that my Dads client and friend owned the Town Pump "bar" in Vancouver. His sons ran the bar. Their father also owned the building and a tenant was Bruce Allen Management. Then my fathers family grew up near Langford BC, grand father was career Canadian Navy. My uncles friends in his youth was Paul Hyde and Bob Rock...... The latter became a top record producer in Canada and the USA. Net in the 1980's into the 1990's, got into most big shows here with awesome tickets. The Town Pump had live bands nightly. So sometimes in the Hips early days, they played there. I've seen the Hip pretty much every time they did a show in Vancouver. Small venues too large "stadium" shows. Live possibly the best band of my generation....

Yesterday on a trip home from Peterborough we stopped in Bobcaygeon for lunch. The table we sat at in the little fish and chip store had a beautiful photograph of Gord taken from behind him on the stage waving to the audience. Just seemed so odd and sad that this morning they announced his passing.

Rest in Peace Gord Downie.:Angelsad2:

Reactions: ddgermann
I was lucky in that my Dads client and friend owned the Town Pump "bar" in Vancouver. His sons ran the bar. Their father also owned the building and a tenant was Bruce Allen Management. Then my fathers family grew up near Langford BC, grand father was career Canadian Navy. My uncles friends in his youth was Paul Hyde and Bob Rock...... The latter became a top record producer in Canada and the USA. Net in the 1980's into the 1990's, got into most big shows here with awesome tickets. The Town Pump had live bands nightly. So sometimes in the Hips early days, they played there. I've seen the Hip pretty much every time they did a show in Vancouver. Small venues too large "stadium" shows. Live possibly the best band of my generation....
Paul Hyde and Bob Rock are some pretty impressive musicians without question. I got to see “The Payolas” twice with Doug and the Slugs at the Jube. Great shows. Lots of energy and good solid music.

Pretty cool you got to know those guys Max. Still like a few of their tunes.

Reactions: ddgermann
There’s a pretty good special on TV tomorrow night on CBC about Gord and The Hip. Saturday nights “Hockey night in Canada” is doing something as well. You know Don Cherry’s “Coaches Corner” is going to be a good one saturday night. I’m sure Don’s jacket is going to reflect Canada in a big way.

I’m hoping they do something in tribute at Saturday nights Flames game on the scoreboard. I can’t see them not paying some sort of respect to Gord.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.