Nov 14, 2014
Airdrie, Alberta
VetteCoins
Car
2015 z51
Looking for some advice here, I want to attend the 2 day course at Ron Fellows Spring Mountain and my availability allows for August 6&7 but I am worried that it will be too hot, both the air temp and the road temp.

Has anyone attended the course mid summer? Did the tires melt to the road without spinning the wheels!!

I was there May 19-20 and intentionally to avoid the summer heat.

I've been in Las Vegas in late July and early August before. If it's HOT as in a heat wave can be very uncomfortable and I'd be concerned. One time it hit 115 and when walking across the road it felt soft. But then other times it was liveable.

As for Spring Mountain, everything is air conditioned. Even when we were there in May they told us to run the cars with windows up and air on. Everything at the resort is under AC so only time out in the heat is goingg to and from vehicles. I'd only be concerned if there was a heat wave happening.

Also if your there in July and August they will give you one extra night free for coming in the hot months.

I'm hear right now and it's crazy hot. The only thing that would make me want to try the course during a cooler time is that you don't get the full experience on the skid pad. Normally they wet it and turn off the traction control and teach you how to steer figure eights during wet conditions but the concrete was so hot that they couldn't keep it wet. We did see a demo which looked awesome but the time we got to actually to do it ourselves it was just too hot.

I'm hear right now and it's crazy hot. The only thing that would make me want to try the course during a cooler time is that you don't get the full experience on the skid pad. Normally they wet it and turn off the traction control and teach you how to steer figure eights during wet conditions but the concrete was so hot that they couldn't keep it wet. We did see a demo which looked awesome but the time we got to actually to do it ourselves it was just too hot.

That sucks, they teach you to drive it to the limit and beyond ( they want you to loose control )! In the morning was it cool enough to do the wet braking session?

I never though of that as an issue during the summer heat. I see it got over 110F there, man that is hot. They probably need an overhead sprinkler system to keep it wet enough.

For the braking lesson it was in the morning and it's much cooler so yes we got to experience the ABS control exercise. I was pretty disappointed about not getting the full experience in regards to the figure 8.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.