I understand things are constantly changing but what plans do Canadians have for their Covid testing to get back into Canada after their Spring Mountain visit? How and where have you done your testing under the current rules? As small as Pahrump is, they do have a Walgreens Pharmacy. It would be nice to have a back up plan, just in case.

I’ve travelled a bit lately. I was in France in October and went to a lab for a PCR test; 75 bucks. Was in Florida in December and got a PCR at a Walgreens drive through; Joe Biden paid for it. I just got back 10 days ago from Africa and Turkey, got PCR at the hotel in Istanbul for 25 bucks, easy peasy. The test here in Canada before going to Africa was a PITA and it cost $460 for 2 of us. Rumour is that JT is going to drop the PCR requirement this week and only require rapid testing.

Reactions: Bucketoy
Dont celebrate just yet, you can still be randomly selected to take a PCR test when you arrive. The only thing is you don't need to quarantine while waiting for results if you are fully stabbed.

My only question about this is.................if you are randomly selected to take a PCR who's paying for it???? They should provide the test no charge if you pick me over someone else that gets to walk out of the airport sans test. Why should I now have to fork out $300 for this test if I have to pay for it???

Dont celebrate just yet, you can still be randomly selected to take a PCR test when you arrive. The only thing is you don't need to quarantine while waiting for results if you are fully stabbed.

My only question about this is.................if you are randomly selected to take a PCR who's paying for it???? They should provide the test no charge if you pick me over someone else that gets to walk out of the airport sans test. Why should I now have to fork out $300 for this test if I have to pay for it???
Well at least you are back in Canada by then, and if you get selected its free - the random selection program has been in place for several months now and I know a few that have been picked (on)!

JT will pay for that one. They’ve been doing random testing at the airports on arrival (and more recently on everyone flying in from out of the country) and you don’t pay for it; not directly anyway.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread