C5 Owner
Jul 25, 2012
Fraser Valley B.C.
Best answers
Car
2002 Convertible
Reactions
240 0 0
Why Rodents are Chewing up Car Wires and What You Can Do to Prevent it. We live in farm country all around us and we use Bounce sheets everywhere in all three autos. But you have to change them every 6 to 7 months at most. They really do work. They chewed a bit out of a side to side thick rubber gasket just before the firewall. Dealer wanted $245 for a new one for my C5..
Al..

Last edited:

Riley P

Staff member
Power User
Jan 11, 2009
Saska-ba-toon!
Best answers
Car
2000 Z51
Reactions
1,248 4 0
Yuck. Nice really scare me when they get around a car. I just found out my truck has mice in it that I have stored at the in-laws. No wires yet but the headliner is a goner.

LE BARON

Regular
C7 Owner
Jun 23, 2017
FARNHAM, QC
Best answers
Car
STINGRAY 2016
Reactions
416 3 0
That is what I heard and do as well. Bounce sheets in the car and trunk. Steel wool in the exhaust pipes.
Has to be Bounce, not the competition.
All is not lost. You can then use them when drying the clothes to give them that "Corvette" smell

Vanguard2001

Casual User
C7 Owner
Aug 15, 2018
Village of Navan
Best answers
Car
2017 Stingray Z51
Reactions
48 0 0
I am worried about mice while in storage because I know they come into the garage this time of year. Despite best efforts with traps there always seems to be a few stragglers. I have traps under the car but will use the Bounce sheets inside and steel wool in the exhaust ports. I will add the sticky trays with some peanut butter in the engine compartment to hopefully stop those that get through the first line of defense. Sure hope I remember to take the peanut butter out before starting the car in Spring :Yuck:.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)