Looks like a great trip so far!!!!! Looking forward to more pics!

OK

IMG_6644_zps2becaeef.jpg

IMG_6637_zpse143d185.jpg

IMG_6667_zpsa63a0408.jpg

IMG_6664_zps3f430af6.jpg

IMG_6663_zps2c6b2388.jpg

IMG_6660_zps23c39b07.jpg

video is at 80% now........ I will upload another after this one is done.

Maybe a few... waste the hotels bandwidth!

Ok, here is the surprise pictures.

It is a Lytro camera. It is a picture captured that you can adjust the depth of the picture by clicking on it to focus. Senic shots are not the right shots for this camera but i would thought I would try. Lytro - Home

https://pictures.lytro.com/mrdent/stories/132087

This is a better example of what this camera does. https://pictures.lytro.com/mrdent/pictures/443757

click on the picture once it loads on the page.

Brian

woke up early.. uploading 2 more video's now.

Home safe and sound no 94 octane in cochrane or airdrie so put some shell 91 but back full of 94 in the low flying jet :)

Damn I wish my ZR1 was my daily driver - come on lotto 649 or lottomax :)

All those that missed this cruise needs to check the next one out when it happens

I think Paul plans to post some of the fun stuff that went on and unique things

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Great group of friends we had out on Saturday. Rocky was fogged in when everyone arrived at Timmies but Garth and Pam assured us it was clear west of Town where they live. So we headed west. Here's a couple fo the highlights.

Don and Garth cresting the hill

Quick stop @ Nordegg as our 2-way werenn't working. Good planning on all our parts!

joanne got a text fro her daughter saying a friend had posted on Facebook that they had just been passed by 7 Covettes west of rocky. Asked if it was us? Mmmmm, Maybe..... Vettes in a row

The Crew having lunch @ Saskatchewan crossing. Temp was 26c!

So at Bow Lake we had a tour bus offload and proceed to take pics, of our cars! Jeff, never the shy one jumped in and posed for pics with the ladies. New nickname Jeff. "Rockstar"

Last edited by a moderator:
I somehow got to be the car tourguide and had 2 interpretors copying everything I said into Isreali, or is that Jewish?

I really wish Brian would have cleaned my windshield too!

Garth's "slightly" modded 2005.

Bow Valley Parkway

Hey Vince I don't think Garth is on the forum, yet. I'll find out though and try to get him on here. Riley that would be great if you could come out, we are thinknig one in mid-September going the north way through Jasper this time past the ice fields. The more the merrier!

Hmmm. This year is tight but maybe by then I'll have the car fixed (other projects on the go). I am not saying no! It looks like an excellent drive and always wanted to go to Jasper! I'll watch for a new thread!

Hmmm. This year is tight but maybe by then I'll have the car fixed (other projects on the go). I am not saying no! It looks like an excellent drive and always wanted to go to Jasper! I'll watch for a new thread!

(maybe yes, maybe no, but want to)

haha. ;)

It can be hard to make things work. I have organized cruises before when I was in other car clubs and always knew 25% of the people that hope to make the event never did.

I have driven through the mountains before and doing it with a bunch of car guys / gals is way more fun..... unique things happen and it is much more enjoyable with a small group.

Glad you enjoyed the videos...

Can I do the next cruise in a 2012 Malibu... won't be any jet passes with that thing :(

Brian

well my wife and I had a great time notwithstanding not knowing anybody going in. they could have all been convicted axe murderers just waiting to get a free vette.

nice cars, nicer drive and even nicer people. a good time was had by all, even the 10 minute downpour on the hiway to calgary afte Banff.

very nice supper with terriffic couple Jo-ann and Paul with Brian as well. names take a while with me.

yes I had my picture taken with a couple of ladies but one must prepare in case the wife leaves me. and the folks were really taken with the fancy cars, more so than the lake and mountian scenery behind us.

they even got me up to the speed limit a few times (slow by nature), and the drive through a narrow road going to banff was great (they complained I held them up but gee, worried about the factory goodyears holding the road at 40 kms was scarey,

all in all I would do it again, I may not leave my estate to any of them but perhaps a meal or 2 and a full tank of gas (when I am gone so do not get excited just yet)

to be somewhat blunt I was nervous going to meet them for coffee before the jaunt but it was well worth it, friendly folks who were very easy to get along with

my wife had a really big smile on her face and even though we stayed in the hotel room a bit late on sunday it was worth it,

hope the september date is free on the calander,

those thinking they might come THEY SHOULD

remember we only go around once that we know of,

later Jeffer2013

Did I kiss the actual date of Jasper? Been wanting to do an overnight there with a round of golf. I'd like to go!

Propose some dates and options in a new thread Vince and see who bites. As for the kissing, well that's entirely up to you!! :D

Yaayy, Finally on.

First post on this site. Glad to be on. Been visiting the other site but you guys look like the one to be using.
The trip was great. Lots of traffic but stops and veiws were great. Done that trip many times and still several times a year but always fun with a group of like minded folks.
XLR8R, rims are HRE's, factory width front cuz no wide, but rear are 19 x 12.5
Will try to post some of our pics but not lots of time. Daughter getting married in our yard in less that 72 hrs. so best get my butt in gear.
Great trip, looking forward to next.
Nice meeting all of you.
Garth

Great to see you here Garth! Looking forward to the pics and I really want to lower my car so we will have to get together!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread