If I look up your nose I'll likely see some snot, but can I tell without looking up your nose?
C'mon get real! No one can ever notice the difference if any! Pick your nits! ;)
Have to agree with ScottyR . Unless dealers are bullshitting about paint jobs detection but I remember , at least twice, when I traded my cars in , they knew , I had a car that had been repainted. Of course , it also depends on who did the job, etc. One by me because some guy decided to turn left and I was already in the lane!!!!!!!! Anyway , what I want to know is , what is going on with all these damaged Vettes? Was this going on before or is this a new problem? Thank GOD that did not happen , to me , after waiting 35 months , for one.

I would not accept the car if the panel was replaced. OMVIC regs state a replaced body panel (not repaired) must be disclosed at the time of sale. Regardless of why it was replaced. So now you have a car that has a story.

Your C8 is worth $3000-5000 less with a replaced panel over a car with 100% factory paint.

I do not care how good the body shop is. The painted fender will be picked up by any dealer within seconds.

• Agree
Reactions: Rruuff Day
I would not accept the car if the panel was replaced. OMVIC regs state a replaced body panel (not repaired) must be disclosed at the time of sale. Regardless of why it was replaced. So now you have a car that has a story.

Your C8 is worth $3000-5000 less with a replaced panel over a car with 100% factory paint.

I do not care how good the body shop is. The painted fender will be picked up by any dealer within seconds.
I would not even take my vehicle with what has happened to some here. So I get it. Brand New or nothing.

• Agree
Reactions: Rruuff Day
I totally disagree. Procedures and materials have improved so much. My roof was painted by a local shop and there is no way in hell anyone can tell the difference!
I agree with you. I had the gravel rash on my 50 AE fixed. Part of that was painting the bottom half of the doors. You can't tell. He removed the body side moulding. Painted half way through where it goes and put it back on. The door looks all one color. He did the rockers too. Did a great job. And it's not just a base coat, clear coat. It's a tricoat.

Reactions: Murray20c8
OK. I bite. What’s a 50 AE?
Do you remember the 2003 Corvette with the first version of the magnetic ride control with the shale interior? The paint was called Anniversary red that contained some particles that GM hadn't used before. Long story on the paint.

DAMAGE UPDATE:
Took delivery of the new 2024 C8. Panel was repaired. Looks perfect. GM and the Dealer both provided compensation totaling $5000. Bottom line - traded a 2023 Coupe Torch Red 2LT/ Z51/MRC/LIFT/ several other options and received at no additional cost a new 2024 Coupe Rapid Blue 3LT/ Z51/MRC/LIFT with several other options and had included a full body XPEL PPF, ceramic coated wheels, calipers, windows and all the interior was treated as well. In addition had a the roof and pillars wrapped in Carbon Flash.

Attachments

• ROCKER REPAIR.jpg
    ROCKER REPAIR.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 2024_6.jpg
    2024_6.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 2024_5.jpg
    2024_5.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 2024_4.jpg
    2024_4.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 2024_8.jpg
    2024_8.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 2024_7.jpg
    2024_7.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 2024_3.jpg
    2024_3.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
DAMAGE UPDATE:
Took delivery of the new 2024 C8. Panel was repaired. Looks perfect. GM and the Dealer both provided compensation totaling $5000. Bottom line - traded a 2023 Coupe Torch Red 2LT/ Z51/MRC/LIFT/ several other options and received at no additional cost a new 2024 Coupe Rapid Blue 3LT/ Z51/MRC/LIFT with several other options and had included a full body XPEL PPF, ceramic coated wheels, calipers, windows and all the interior was treated as well. In addition had a the roof and pillars wrapped in Carbon Flash.
congrats, glad everything worked out

Can we get an update on the Body Shop Odour...
yes thank you for asking, smells like wet Racoon...perhaps you can relate??? ___on the serious side the facility was able to perform the repair with the C8 closed and in an area not as busy, so fortunately there is no chemical/paint odour in the vehicle upon delivery.

DAMAGE UPDATE:
Johnny, it's nice that you were able to upgrade from a 2LT to a 3LT without it costing you any extra. Did you pay for the 8K full body Expel plus the ceramic everywhere at an additional 2K + the wrap? You moved up $18K in vehicle cost for nothing which is a great deal!

Reactions: Bunny hop
DAMAGE UPDATE:
Nice! Where's the snow?