I purchased a set of rock guards from ACS. I should get them tomorrow. They're extra large for the front and just
Slightly bigger for the rear. I ordered them in carbon flash. No drilling required. They are expensive 600.00 +
but they're going to look sharp. They match my spoiler and splitter.

I have the GM ones, not installed yet. Hoping with some Expel they'll be okay. I keep hearing how crazy sticky these tires are. I may have to oil them😁

Ok don't yell at me but..... the look of the add on front splash guards look totally "added on" to me. They do not visually meet well with the spats in my eye.

I definitely prefer the extended spats instead as they have a much better visual flow.
No worries though as this stuff is relatively cheap for an "add on" to a Corvette so changing one's mind is not a banking decision.

Ok don't yell at me but..... the look of the add on front splash guards look totally "added on" to me. They do not visually meet well with the spats in my eye.

I definitely prefer the extended spats instead as they have a much better visual flow.
No worries though as this stuff is relatively cheap for an "add on" to a Corvette so changing one's mind is not a banking decision.
*Disclaimer. Parts bought during Winter shopping/dreaming may not end up on the car.

On the back Derek, don't think they'll fit on the front.
Not sure how wide on the front yet.. don't want to screw up the handling.

305s will be great on the back. Mine has 285s front and 335s rear from the factory (wide body car)
I actually thought your car came stock with 285 front and 305 rear. However, I'm obviously mistaken.
With that Supercharger yes... 305s will definitely help you hook up much better Rick. I expect you well know that traction is a bit of challenge now. I wouldn't bother with bigger than 305s without the wider rear fenders. The debris flying off would be way too bad. If they would even fit?

I'm really looking forward to seeing your Corvette with all the stuff you have put on. :thumbs:

• Agree
Reactions: Rruuff Day
I'm running 285 and 245's. 305's will fit nicely on the rear. They should stop right at the edge of the fender.
I'm thinking 255 for the front. Just a little bit wider. 0.5"
Any wider front or back I pity the guy following me.
Think I'm going to run proxies 4 plus instead of Michelins. Extend the driving season a bit.
I'm anxious to show it off this year... come on spring.

I'm running 285 and 245's. 305's will fit nicely on the rear. They should stop right at the edge of the fender.
I'm thinking 255 for the front. Just a little bit wider. 0.5"
Any wider front or back I pity the guy following me.
Think I'm going to run proxies 4 plus instead of Michelins. Extend the driving season a bit.
I'm anxious to show it off this year... come on spring.

Oh yes then definitely the 305s will make a difference for you hooking up back there Rick. You should see if the 285s will fit on the front as a nice compliment to your wider backs. Maybe the 255s will be the answer though.
An interesting idea on the Proxies. I have 0 experience with them. If they hook as good as the Michelins great, otherwise you need a real sticky tire with that new HP man; which we know the Michelins are.
Too bad you don't have the widebody. I have a brand new set of Michelin 285 and 335 SC2s that nobody on here wanted to buy cheap. I would just give them to you to use and abuse as I can't sell them. (Came on my new 17Z and I pulled them before picking up the car) Those things would have made a great summer for you.... they don't last long.

Man I'm excited to see your face driving that beast.

Reactions: turbozig
305's will help, more would better though. Right now I have no grip. I've ran proxies on a couple of vehicles.
They hooked up Ok. 335 and 285 they'd stick out a mile.
To bad, they would be fun to try... car would sure look beastie. I must take some measurement just to make sure..lol. It's going to be a lot of fun this summer. Only a few more months.

305's will help, more would better though. Right now I have no grip. I've ran proxies on a couple of vehicles.
To bad, they would be fun to try... car would sure look beastie. I must take some measurement just to make sure..lol. It's going to be a lot of fun this summer. Only a few more months.

Awesome Rick! Can't wait till we cruise again. Your grin will make the day for all of us Man.

• Haha
Reactions: Rick9456

Hey Rick, it's seems like its been forever, what a loooong winter this year. Have you added any more hp or engine goodies since we last cruised, or only cosmetic mod's?

Hey Rick, it's seems like its been forever, what a loooong winter this year. Have you added any more hp or engine goodies since we last cruised, or only cosmetic mod's?
Hey Ziggy, it has been a long time and with this winter it makes it seem longer. No more hp, just a lot of cosmetic work. Other than tires I think I'm done for a while.
See you soon!

Reactions: turbozig
This spats are going to look real sexy. Great finish on them.

Attachments

• 20190219_180539.jpg
    20190219_180539.jpg
    283.3 KB · Views: 11
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread