Thanks, wasn't looking forward to screwing in plastic flaps. Will go this route.

Dan as you know some clear the entire car. Nothing wrong with that strategy as it keeps all the paint pristine for later.
I went with the “highway” package then added more. The entire front splitter, sideskirts, bottom half of the doors, door edges/opening slots, full back quarters, entire roof panel... etc.
As you already had a C7 you know where the sticky tires throw the debris. Otherwise go to any dealership and look at a few trade ins. The classic spots become instantly obvious. 👍
Smart to get the car protected right away so your not covering already damaged panels or forced to correct paint before installing the film. Just make sure and get the top end stuff. I use Xpel but there are a few good ones out there. The guys can chime in on their favourites.
One last thing... the installer. Watch out for bad cuts and bubbles. If they tell you “don’t worry the bubbles go away” run. They do not. It’s expensive so ask around and choose a skilled installer who gives as S*it.
D

Dan as you know some clear the entire car. Nothing wrong with that strategy as it keeps all the paint pristine for later.
I went with the “highway” package then added more. The entire front splitter, sideskirts, bottom half of the doors, door edges/opening slots, full back quarters, entire roof panel... etc.
As you already had a C7 you know where the sticky tires throw the debris. Otherwise go to any dealership and look at a few trade ins. The classic spots become instantly obvious. 👍
Smart to get the car protected right away so your not covering already damaged panels or forced to correct paint before installing the film. Just make sure and get the top end stuff. I use Xpel but there are a few good ones out there. The guys can chime in on their favourites.
One last thing... the installer. Watch out for bad cuts and bubbles. If they tell you “don’t worry the bubbles go away” run. They do not. It’s expensive so ask around and choose a skilled installer who gives as S*it.
D
Great advice, thank you!

Reactions: ddgermann
Front splash guards and rockers are a great protective start and you have to look to notice the guards are there. The front tires really kick up the grit. If you go that route with rockers, go for the ACS brand splash guards. The GM guards fall short by about a half inch on the bottom and allow rocks to whittle away the leading edge of the rockers. Xpel, Suntek, whatever film... always a good investment as well.

ACS ships from Quebec actually where they make their products. Their site defaults to American $ for pricing but there is a drop down and you can chose CDN $. I bought their front and rear flaps for a C7. Depending which model of the two shown on their site you bought you either got a great price or a terrible one :)

Shop 2014+ C7 Corvette Stingray Parts | Quality Aftermarket Parts

ACS ships from Quebec actually where they make their products. Their site defaults to American $ for pricing but there is a drop down and you can chose CDN $. I bought their front and rear flaps for a C7. Depending which model of the two shown on their site you bought you either got a great price or a terrible one :)

Shop 2014+ C7 Corvette Stingray Parts | Quality Aftermarket Parts
I will double check the part numbers. Was for the package. 2 acs and 2 gm

That should be a good deal then. Looks like about $250ish CDN on their website for those 4. I bought the same 4. Plus I have Xpel Ultimate covering the car. And I still have LOTS of marks in the film on the front of the rear wheel flare. I am looking at rocker panels this winter sometime from ACS.

• Agree
That should be a good deal then. Looks like about $250ish CDN on their website for those 4. I bought the same 4. Plus I have Xpel Ultimate covering the car. And I still have LOTS of marks in the film on the front of the rear wheel flare. I am looking at rocker panels this winter sometime from ACS.

Yes good plan. The rockers do a pretty good job protecting the car and look great on any C6 or C7 regardless of the model. 👍

Reactions: Pep
I have the ACS Zero7 rockers from ACS. Unless you want Carbon fibre, they are a good product and look pretty good too. Surprising how much road grit they keep off the side panels too. Easy to put on after the initial three anxiety attacks when you are about to drill the first hole in your new Stingray. First one took me over an hour. Other side was done in 15 minutes.

I'm seeing 237.04 cnd for just the 2 rears unpainted, 369.47 carbon flash on ACS site. Amazon ones are carbon flash for 234.22

That is a great deal then. Good point on the carbon flash. that is what I bought. I will have to check Amazon for the rockers now LOL.

Update. ACS Zero7 rockers in Carbon Flash:
ACS Website: $1137 on sale from $1182 sign says free shipping which isn't normal for them. Usually shipping is extra
Amazon.ca: $1180 incl shipping.

So no real deal there like you got with the flaps BUT good to know that amazon carries some of their products.

Last edited:
Dan.. if you call acs direct in Quebec, I forget who I talked to when I bought they will convert to cnd$ for cc purchase and if you buy enough take some cash off. I got another $50 but that was with guards and front z06 splitter. Regarding plain vs carbon flash I’m sure your dealer auto body could paint for cheap? Remember they now have the wider XL front guards along with the regular. Heard they are excellent and look great too. Didn’t have when I bought the regular XL guards.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dantanman
I was planning on ordering a 2019 C7 this winter and glad I seen this post. I was going to order the GM splash guards , because of debris kicked up my tires. Post by moderator stated GM s/g short by 1/2", so I will check out ACS for those and for Zero 7 rocker protection, which I wasn't familiar with.
I think the money one pays for the C7 should come equipped with these as GM knows about the debris tires kick up on the car.
Thanks for Info guys.

I have the ACS rocker protection and the splash guards from GM on the front and back wheel wells. I have excel on prone areas also. This is on my 15 Z51. I think these mods are a must and I would do it over again without a doubt. ACS fit well and look great.

I purchase the ACS rockers and was very happy with the fit and finish. They make quality products. I also purchased the splash guards from GM within the first month of owning my C7. This is one of the first things you should do to your Vette..!

I worked the cost of the gm accessory rock guards into my purchases and
installed them rather easily myself. Easiest I have ever installed on a vehicle.
Here's my thread I made when I did them on my 2016 ...
C7 SPLASH GUARDS DIY

Then called in my xPel consultant to do a rather nice compliment of protection
to front, sides, back spoiler, a pillar and part of roof panel (entire carbon fibre roof panel),
front hood vent.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread