Featured Thread
Dec 26, 2009
Ponoka, AB.
VetteCoins
Car
2014 C7 3LT Z51
Province
AB
So very sad to report that my good friend Don Peterson (Bearly Flying) passed away in his sleep this passed week. He was an active member on CCF and in our local corvette community. His passing comes as a shock as he was in good health. Don lived his life like he drove his vettes..............with a spirited heart.
Rest In Peace my friend.
I'm short on words right now so please feel free to post pics or stories in his remembrance.
(hope this is in the appropriate section.)
IMG_0563.JPG

Our sincere condolences - Freda & Spence
I know "Bearly Flying" as the author of the thread that got me physically on the CCF Road
in my new Stingray .... with a Welcoming Invitation to the Ponoka Meet and Greet 2017
Photos from which will always remain close to me when looking back on the
waking from hibernation in my Freshman Year of pure enjoyment in owning a Corvette

Thank you for everything you shared in CCF Don "Bearly Flying" Peterson
:Angelsad2:
5th Annual Ponoka Meet and Greet

Last edited:
Reactions: Somebuddy
Bruce.Thank you for posting and my condolences. That is indeed a shock, especially to anyone who knew Don. My first experience with Don was when I purchased my C6 and was shopping for an exhaust system. I joined this forum and got many offers of advice but I got a PM from this guy in Ponoka asking if he could have my phone number. Of course I said yes and he called me the next day. I heard this deep voice on the other end and then he proceeded to give me advice on exhausts and where to purchase. And the topper was his offer for me to come to Ponoka and he would help me install it on his garage lift. At that point we had never met or even talked before. As it turns out, that was the typical Don. He was always offering and helped out many members, and I'm sure everyone else he knew as well. His love of the Corvette and the people who drove them was evident anytime we chatted, whether it be at the Ponoka meets or the Red Deer Show and Shines. RIP Don. You will be sadly missed my friend. :Angelsad2:

Bruce.Thank you for posting and my condolences. That is indeed a shock, especially to anyone who knew Don. My first experience with Don was when I purchased my C6 and was shopping for an exhaust system. I joined this forum and got many offers of advice but I got a PM from this guy in Ponoka asking if he could have my phone number. Of course I said yes and he called me the next day. I heard this deep voice on the other end and then he proceeded to give me advice on exhausts and where to purchase. And the topper was his offer for me to come to Ponoka and he would help me install it on his garage lift. At that point we had never met or even talked before. As it turns out, that was the typical Don. He was always offering and helped out many members, and I'm sure everyone else he knew as well. His love of the Corvette and the people who drove them was evident anytime we chatted, whether it be at the Ponoka meets or the Red Deer Show and Shines. RIP Don. You will be sadly missed my friend.

Thanks for this post. This is truly who Don was. He would be offering help before you could ask for it.

I don't even know what to say. So sad. I just found out. Don literally treated me like family from the first time the corvette world brought us together. It was just icing on the cake that we both loved motorcycles, rc planes and pulling wrenches. He literally would give you the shirt off his back and be the first to offer a person a hand. Loved all the afternoons in the garage and under the lift. Now I wish there was more of them. RIP buddy, you will be missed.
20161108_143057.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.