Featured Thread
Wow! That is such shitty news to hear. I'm glad Tinman posted up that video of Don leaving a couple strips on the ground. That was awesome to see and hear. And the time when a group of us were sort of lost on the Ponoka cruise a couple years ago and Don decided that we needed a leader so while we were at the side of the road, the ZR-1 went flying by. Man, that car sounded so good.
Such a loss. I hope the family is doing as well as can be during this difficult time.

Reactions: Somebuddy
Joanne and I send our thoughts and prayers to Don's family and friends. So sorry to hear Bruce.

As many of us I met Don through this forum. when i was looking for my mild to wild system Don helped me out and gave me information about the system. Like Eric, when I got the parts Don offered to use his garage for the install and I accepted. It will be a day I will always remember. I drove up and Don greeted me with a big smile a deep hello and then coffee. We visited and talked about the 3 vettes in the garage and the RC planes everywhere in the garage. Once the cars were pulled out of his lift my car was on and away we went on the install. Don was in no rush and I felt at home with an old friend working on the car. We stopped several times for coffee and learned about each others lives. The table and big chairs to sit in at the front of the garage now made perfect sense. We got the installation done and I backed out of the garage. I thanked Don for his help and the great Saturday morning/afternoon sharing our love of cars.
It was a couple of years ago after the Ponoka Show and shine that Joanne and I as well as Jeff and Robin I think that had supper with Don in Ponoka. Again great conversation and good time.

We will miss you Don.

Joanne and I send our thoughts and prayers to Don's family and friends. So sorry to hear Bruce.

As many of us I met Don through this forum. when i was looking for my mild to wild system Don helped me out and gave me information about the system. Like Eric, when I got the parts Don offered to use his garage for the install and I accepted. It will be a day I will always remember. I drove up and Don greeted me with a big smile a deep hello and then coffee. We visited and talked about the 3 vettes in the garage and the RC planes everywhere in the garage. Once the cars were pulled out of his lift my car was on and away we went on the install. Don was in no rush and I felt at home with an old friend working on the car. We stopped several times for coffee and learned about each others lives. The table and big chairs to sit in at the front of the garage now made perfect sense. We got the installation done and I backed out of the garage. I thanked Don for his help and the great Saturday morning/afternoon sharing our love of cars.
It was a couple of years ago after the Ponoka Show and shine that Joanne and I as well as Jeff and Robin I think that had supper with Don in Ponoka. Again great conversation and good time.

We will miss you Don.
Thanks Paul for sharing. This is who Don was. Many of us try to "make time for others" Don simply had time for others.

I am very sorry to hear of this. I met Don a couple of years ago at the Ponoka show where as an organizer of the event, he wanted to follow the pack and make sure everyone stayed on the route. Since my Corvette wasn't ready to go and I showed up in my SUVette instead, I insisted on following the pack so that the Corvettes could form a uniform line. When a C3 stopped to check on some smoking issues, it was Don & I who stopped to make sure everything was good.

When we finally decided to continue along, we had a great deal of ground to catch up to the group, and I thoroughly enjoyed the opportunity to play with his C4 ZR1 (a dream car of mine since teen years), and I was thrilled with his demeanor and attitude about all of it. It was just good fun, and we both had plenty of it. It is an experience that I will never forget.

He truly was an outstanding man, who didn't discern or discriminate when it came to cars and our passion for them.

DSC_0113.JPG

Words simply cant describe my sadness when I heard of this today.
Don was a cut above. I only knew him for a short time, just the 3 years He and Bruce let Rainey and I help with the meet and greet.
In fact now that I think about it, this last show was the last time we spoke. For that I feel even worse.
I too am at a loss for words Bruce.
He will be sorely missed by both of us.

Please forgive the fact that I have been away from Ponoka for so long that I am only hearing of this now.

Reactions: Somebuddy
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.