Feb 23, 2009
Edmonton, AB
VetteCoins
Province
AB
Anyone install stripes into the groove on z06 rims? Do it by hand using 1/8” 3m tape or this Mr. Groovy 8006 tool by Tapeworks? Anyone have the tool to borrow as I’m having a little trouble spending > $100 just to use once. I kinda of like the look of a red stripe on a black wheel with red calipers........

6E6BB7FB-2D04-466E-87DB-39F3730B3AEA.jpeg
3B6F37D5-C76C-40CA-8FE5-F78A7B37B0B8.jpeg

Reactions: ccltj and flyboy999
Anyone install stripes into the groove on z06 rims? Do it by hand using 1/8” 3m tape or this Mr. Groovy 8006 tool by Tapeworks? Anyone have the tool to borrow as I’m having a little trouble spending > $100 just to use once. I kinda of like the look of a red stripe on a black wheel with red calipers........

View attachment 23691
View attachment 23692

Took me a while to warm up to the red stripe on my wheels. But now I do like it.

Never knew there was such a tool Frank. Seems like you should be able to have a detail shop put the stripe on for peanuts if they have the tool.

Maybe I’ll buy the tool and rent out or split cost.. any takers locally:Reddevil:. Guess I could ask a shop and see what they quote. Without the tool heard it’s hard to just “lay in” the tape by hand and keep it perfectly symmetrical........ funny thing they have the 8000 tool for non z06 rims ( without the groove) for cheap......l

Last edited:

View attachment 23691
View attachment 23692

I installed mine myself.I bought some aftermarket C7 wheels without the stripe.IMG_3936.JPGIt does take some patients & a steady hand.I removed each wheel & it made the job easier.

I installed mine myself.I bought some aftermarket C7 wheels without the stripe.View attachment 23706It does take some patients & a steady hand.I removed each wheel & it made the job easier.
so did you use just 1/8" 3M tape.... and assume it is not into a groove that are on C7z06 rims? Dont know if adding into a groove makes it easier or harder:Confused5:

Reactions: ccltj and Hotrodron
so did you use just 1/8" 3M tape.... and assume it is not into a groove that are on C7z06 rims? Dont know if adding into a groove makes it easier or harder:Confused5:

Yes I did use 1/8" 3M tape, & you're right, it's not into a grove.The aftermarket wheels don't have a grove, they have a lip but, I still had to center it on the lip which made it a little difficult.
IMG_20190212_171154_hdr.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: ccltj and frankmp
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.