This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Ride Quality

EZERUSS

Casual User
Nov 16, 2014
Chilliwack BC
VetteCoins
Car
2015 C7 Convertible
Who knows the difference in ride quality between Z51 and non Z51. Also I have been told the magnetic shocks do not have a wide variation in firmness or softness in ride.
I am looking for a C7 to use on long trips mainly, I have ordered a convertible so no track use probably.

Your comments would be helpful.

Russ

I can only speak from the z51 standpoint, firm ride but quite comfortable, no issues.

I have a Z51 non MagRide and I find the ride to be firm, but fine for long distance highway use. Potholes and expansion gaps can give you a tussle. I'd say the biggest downside is the cabin road noise and I doubt there is any difference in the Z51 and non-Z51 for road noise deadening, unless it is due to the tire difference.

Ride

I have a Z51 with magnetic ride, best riding vette I've been in, they adjust for firmness with the different modes. In tour mode real nice smooth ride went from Winnipeg to Edmonton return (3600km) ride was great, in track mode real stiff for racing.

I really debated whether to add the MRC to my Z51 options. In the end I was persuaded by the fact that GM was the original creator of magnetic dampers and the technology has since been adopted by other manufacturers including Ferrari. In addition, several reviewers have noted that ride is appreciably different between modes when MRC is activated. However, like all high performance bits I would think that unless you are pushing in the twisties or at the track, the value of the technology is somewhat wasted.

Ditto, Mag ride was on some of our previous Vettes. Did not notice any significant difference with or without. Did not track cars. Save your money!