lt's funny when l told my dealer that l did not want 2/3 LT because l knew that in 5 years all those fancy bells and whistles would go south and cost a fortune to fix his answer was well thats what extended warranties are for. l guess some one wrote l am stupid on my baseball hat that day.

• Haha
Reactions: vintageracer
Hi to all,

Thank you for your answers and advices!

Finally, I will wait to buy for the extended-warranty. We can buy it before the three years factory warranty expires so I will have time to decide.

For the replacement insurance, I decide to go with my insurance company which is half of the dealer price. I took it because I want to protect the investment and if my car is totally damaged/lost I prefer to have a new model replacement of that year.

I didn't pay for the pre-paid maintenance but I did buy the Chevrolet wheels/tires/windshield/key/interior protection because we have a lot of potholes in QC and I had a few windshields replaced and repaired in the past.

I did pick up the car Wednesday this week, I drove it 80 km directly to the XPEL installer for PPF and ceramic coating. I should pick up the car today and I will post the photos for you guys this weekend.

Ian

Hi to all,

Thank you for your answers and advices!

Finally, I will wait to buy for the extended-warranty. We can buy it before the three years factory warranty expires so I will have time to decide.

For the replacement insurance, I decide to go with my insurance company which is half of the dealer price. I took it because I want to protect the investment and if my car is totally damaged/lost I prefer to have a new model replacement of that year.

I didn't pay for the pre-paid maintenance but I did buy the Chevrolet wheels/tires/windshield/key/interior protection because we have a lot of potholes in QC and I had a few windshields replaced and repaired in the past.

I did pick up the car Wednesday this week, I drove it 80 km directly to the XPEL installer for PPF and ceramic coating. I should pick up the car today and I will post the photos for you guys this weekend.

Ian

When it comes to your tire/rim warranty, check the wording and how coverage works. When I hit my first good pothole with my current vehicle, my tire had a nasty sidewall bulge but was still holding air. You have to replace the tire with that bulge, especially for speed rated tires where you might be travelling at (ahem) "higher speeds" [but still within the speed limit ;).] Anyways, when I went to make a claim for that tire replacement, I was told the warranty didn't apply unless the tire was no longer holding air. News to me since I was stupid and hadn't read "the fine print". I still made good use of that warranty and eventually received back more than what I paid, but this is an example of why it's best to understand any warranty before buying it.

I know it doesn't apply to you Ian since you've bought your warranties, but I also suggest asking the "finance person" at the dealership trying to sell you any warranty, what problems people have had in the past making use of them, to better understand how they work. Hopefully you'll be dealing with someone experienced and honest, when answering that question.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread