Keeping honest.
Why I mentioned to be patient when pulling the c7 battery from the very tight cubby. Took a while but Finally got something fixed today …

Dang it - if you have “OCD”. 😫
YYSSW - if one doesn’t give a crap. 😤

tried the later but it’s a “once you know its there” thing … 🤪

The damaged vent tube fitting …

View attachment 86150
Glad to see you finally broke something Spence. 🤣 Was it on 'his' or 'hers'?

• Haha
Reactions: YFCvii
Oh, so you broke hers and used your part to fix hers.🤣
I found the instructions useful, thanks! One thing I found, (I just replaced the battery in the car while in storage). I haven’t started the car. The remote button to pop rear lid, doesn’t work. I do have a new battery in remote as well. Did anyone experience this? My initial guess is I must likely need to start the car. I will try that when warmer and I take car out of storage.
Cheers!

I found the instructions useful, thanks! One thing I found, (I just replaced the battery in the car while in storage). I haven’t started the car. The remote button to pop rear lid, doesn’t work. I do have a new battery in remote as well. Did anyone experience this? My initial guess is I must likely need to start the car. I will try that when warmer and I take car out of storage.
Cheers!
I neglected to mention I have a convertible.

Yes, they lock and unlock. That’s why I found it weird.
Don't know what year your car is or anything about the C7's really, but remotes, like any remote, gets gummed up and they have to be taken apart and cleaned from time to time. I'd try the other fob to make sure it's not the remote itself.

Cheers!
Assuming yours is a C7, do both remotes and the exterior button above license plate all fail? If not, you have isolated the issue to one or the other and not the opening device itself (or an electronic anomaly in your c7).
If remote only fails, then do both? If one works, then you have it further isolated.

Happy you found my post helpful for replacing the battery and appreciate the followup as well.

Don't know what year your car is or anything about the C7's really, but remotes, like any remote, gets gummed up and they have to be taken apart and cleaned from time to time. I'd try the other fob to make sure it's not the remote itself.
Hi Murray,
It’s a 2016 and both remotes operate in the same manor. I will try to update this post when I actually start and run the car around the block.
Thanks.

Reactions: Murray20c8
Assuming yours is a C7, do both remotes and the exterior button above license plate all fail? If not, you have isolated the issue to one or the other and not the opening device itself (or an electronic anomaly in your c7).
If remote only fails, then do both? If one works, then you have it further isolated.

Happy you found my post helpful for replacing the battery and appreciate the followup as well.
Yes 2016 C7 and I went with flood battery not A

Yes a 2016 C7. I went with a flood battery not an AGM as some suppliers try to talk you into.
Assuming both remotes don’t open it …
Does button above license plate open it?
I am a c7 owner and the OP.
No the button above license plate does not open the rear hatch, only via the key hole.

Yes 2016 C7 and I went with flood battery not A

Yes a 2016 C7. I went with a flood battery not an AGM as some suppliers try to talk you into.

No the button above license plate does not open the rear hatch, only via the key hole.

Does button above license plate open it?
The anomaly is not likely the remotes now.
So startup would definitely be the next attempt for reset and resolve. The disconnection of the power source (battery) has likely tweaked some thing “inoperative”. So when startup attempt is completed … Hope life is back to normal 🙏🏻

Users who are viewing this thread