Reattach the drainage hose into the hole on the negative side of the battery.
Showing the side of the removed battery so that you can see its ole for positioning a bit better.

A6C748F4-AA0F-46E8-9AC0-A16E054E6DDA.jpeg

A63B51CC-4548-42B0-B289-84C24439DF48.jpeg

Last edited:
Reinstalled the Battery hold-down after reconnecting the drain hose.

The top assembly will snap back on to the battery - you will see that I did not remove the negative post protector
until I am ready to reinstall the cable.

3C5F2F1A-A7C1-49B4-A58D-7DAAF5BDB17E.jpeg

Last edited:
Reassemble the wiring back - I chose to get the positive "L" shape assembly back in place
before reattaching the negative cable onto the terminal.

E45872A3-0765-4EEF-9C33-C6BEE247EA34.jpeg

Last edited:
styro-cover back in place and carefully slide carpet back under the plastic moldings.
I did the wheel portion before doing the back bumper part of the carpet

F22AB34E-8346-4AFE-90F5-447886D4C2FF.jpeg

Last edited:
took this photo - so I might as well post the "knuckle saver" for lifting the battery out.

I will say to-each-their-own and this is just for knowing/showing.
Those well-tuned in repairs and minor maintenance may find this all a waste of time.
I am all about sharing a novice experience ... perhaps buildng confidence in another for giving this a go.
Heck even to save the cost of having a GM tech do it. I will now do all my vehicles that have all the
"life-support" assemblies on top of the battery that pretty much has the novice throwing their hands in the air.

When is battery replacement needed? Well, as with my 2016 C7 - it was instant. Immediate no start and with the door not being able to close/open.
You gotta be always aware of your door-open release if you are ever in your Corvette and the Battery all of the sudden dies upon
attempting a start. I posted this battery replacement before I get the same experience on our other C7.
Some are saying the battery should be replaced every 3-5 years. Wow - that raises the C7 Corvette sustaining budget.

Cheers

BCD7C8F3-731D-4D77-B128-B7CCCF829F13.jpeg

Last edited:
Thank you for the comments. A simple DIY.
Attempted for excellence and not for perfection.
For the Tim the Toolman Taylors - use at own risk.

Attribute info posting to a 40 year career (still active) in designing and drawing and specifying for the construction of residences.
I put “on paper” (YYSSW via CAD now) everything needed for 10’s of people to understand for getting the entire project completed correctly
and with minimally having to scratch their head for questioning their part of the puzzle along the way.
I have 1000’s of completed projects of which a few were challenges that I took on for my portfolio.
An entire street of Habitat for Humanity projects visible from Deerfoot Trail in YYC.
A YYC beltline Safehouse for teens - of which the likes of it was a complete interpretation of the building code.
From First-time Owner homes to those for the lifestyles of the Rich and Famous, I do the work upfront and not just take the credit.
If ever at West Edmonton Mall, enjoy the steel and glass that encloses the waterpark.
Also enjoy the enclosure of the rollercoaster too …. right down to being bored by every individual floor tile in the
patterning of the floors of the food court and in the hallways of the themed hotel (once known as Fantasyland Hotel).
Those tiles were apparently placed by specialty tile-workers who came in from overseas and could not clearly understand English
so everything was done by "looking at the picture".

My intention here is to keep it simple with things that I get to learn along the way in life …
my Grandfather did this with me. Mentored toward just giving an “idea for the task”
and not to “tell anyone how they should do it - especially if they already know how to”.

Cheers

(edits to these messages to add to & fix errors in the writing as I do this on a tiny screen iPhone)

Last edited:
Excellent thread Spence. When my time comes I will be glad I read this thread. Thank you.

One question; was there any setting you had to reprogram once the new battery was installed? Indexing the windows is easy but was there any parameter that needs to be reset? .... I believe there is no "learn" mode similar to what I had with my C6 ....

TIA :Cheers2:

The only thing I had to do was to redo the windows (as you mention).
Upon the first start-up, messages pop up on the driver screen to
“open/close drivers window” then once completed
“open/close passenger window”.
I have not discovered anything else that required a reset.
Great Question as I did not have my camera with me when I started it up again. 😁👍🏻

Last edited:
Looking for great ideas/tools for easier lifting of the C7 Battery out of the tight cubby.
Trying to avoid the scratched/bruised knuckles that I got from wrestling out the
2016 battery as I gotta do our 2017 C7 before storage.
Thought I might as well post the question to see how others get this task accomplished.

Might do this as a simple photo thread for anyone thinking of replacing their C7 battery themselves
mainly just for knowing as a few things need to be removed/detached/reinstalled in the process.
There are a couple of things not shown on u-tube videos that can break if one is not careful.
Hi, Try using a rubber (insulated) battery strap which you connect to the 2 terminals so you can easily lift out the battery without bashing your knuckles or scratching the compartment.

Reactions: YFCvii
If I can just add a note of caution to this excellent thread it would be to make sure you remove your watch, rings or any loose chains anything metallic before handling the battery. That would be applicable to a battery in any series of Corvettes or for that matter any IC machine requiring a battery. DC burns are serious and you certainly to not want to short yourself out on any battery.

Keeping honest.
Why I mentioned to be patient when pulling the c7 battery from the very tight cubby. Took a while but Finally got something fixed today …

Dang it - if you have “OCD”. 😫
YYSSW - if one doesn’t give a crap. 😤

tried the later but it’s a “once you know its there” thing … 🤪

The damaged vent tube fitting …

6D7D1793-E07B-4BCC-B614-4D18F0BE28AB.jpeg

Keeping honest.
Why I mentioned to be patient when pulling the c7 battery from the very tight cubby. Took a while but Finally got something fixed today …

Dang it - if you have “OCD”. 😫
YYSSW - if one doesn’t give a crap. 😤

tried the later but it’s a “once you know its there” thing … 🤪

The damaged vent tube fitting …

View attachment 86150
Now you can sleep at night and not have those nagging thoughts SN

• Haha
Reactions: YFCvii

Users who are viewing this thread