Dec 3, 2014
Meadow Lake/Lions Bay
VetteCoins
Car
C7 Z06/07 & NSX
Used car yesterday and release worked fine left of steering wheel, but tried today...no go...nothing...no sound etc. Tried fob....nothing....no sound etc. Used rubber button above license plate....worked. Researched...valet mode? Nope...went in and activated then deactivated...nothing. Not a vert so not part of recall etc. Tried physical key to right of button by license plate. Worked....supposed to reset valet....no go. All options failed...tried everything... Pulled out space heater and warmed up garage to defrost rear....nothing. Decided to check fuses. Pulled owners manual. Two fuses in rear fuse block associated with trunk release #26 and #31. Getting carpet up high enough to move load floor plastic cover....brutal. Finally got to fuses. Pulled each...a 10A and a 15A....nothing....in tact. Put back in...put load floor in...carpet.....closed hatch. Pressed fob....BINGO!!! Worked!!! Must have reset module!!! Good to know 😁😁😁😁

My $.02.
Moisture could be the culprit. May have froze just enough to prevent a contact from moving. I'd guess the heat worked.
Do you run the a/c with the heater on?
If not, try that for 10 minutes a day (or longer). It works like a dehumidifier, whether blowing cold, or hot.

Not sure. All I know is the button by the license plate worked so no contact problem. Removal of fuses and install was same as battery disconnect and back on...same as computer hard reset....worked immediately...

Glad that worked. Agreed on the getting to the fuse box. Isn’t that carpet special... can’t imagine there would be much left of it after doing that a few times as it’s like tissue. 😂

Glad its working but that ripped carpeting would certainly piss me off too! damn....

You have to pull off the RH side tie-down loop and wiggle the carpet out from under the side trim with a plastic tool for it not to rip. I know...I thought the same thing. "pull off the tie down loop"? it actually helps a lot as the carpet can move much easier as you free it from the trim. Took a rip to learn that one. :Banghead:

Ugh, that does suck. I do hate that things are so hard to get at, and such minimal materials used that they just come apart if you don't have exact instructions.

My $.02.
Moisture could be the culprit. May have froze just enough to prevent a contact from moving. I'd guess the heat worked.
Do you run the a/c with the heater on?
If not, try that for 10 minutes a day (or longer). It works like a dehumidifier, whether blowing cold, or hot.

Moisture is a possibility if the fusebox is open to the underside of the car. Especially if you have a remote starter and let it run for 15 minutes before you get into it. A V8 will make a lot of heat in between the cats and the mufflers without being driven to force that heat out. Condensation will form on any ice that is on the car, but also from the snow on the ground because of the lack of ground clearance. It could make ice on the fuse itself, but more likely, made moisture in a circuit board which shorted, thus no blown fuse, but you had to reset the power to restart the circuit.

Glad you figured it out, but what a pain in the ass it is to get to these things. I know your pain. I have three fuse panels in the Cadi and had three in the TBSS. Let's not talk about headlights.

You have to pull off the RH side tie-down loop and wiggle the carpet out from under the side trim with a plastic tool for it not to rip. I know...I thought the same thing. "pull off the tie down loop"? it actually helps a lot as the carpet can move much easier as you free it from the trim. Took a rip to learn that one. :Banghead:
Did that...still put a small tear in it when pulling out from right wheel arch trim. Hidden because back under trim now, but one over by secret compartment more noticeable. Hidden by removable "Z06" carpet but I know they're there......arrrgg. Fortunately my OCD is fairly manageable as my memory is getting worse 😂😂😂

FOR YOUR INFORMATION, THERE WAS A RECALL FROM CHEVROLET
ON MY 2016 Z51 CONVERTIBLE REGARDING THE TRUNK RELEASE.
UNDER WARRANTY. THEY HAD TO REPROGRAM SOMETHING ON THE COMPUTER. MINE SOMETIMES OPENS AND LOCKS IMMEDIATELY.?????

Reactions: YFCvii
FOR YOUR INFORMATION, THERE WAS A RECALL FROM CHEVROLET
ON MY 2016 Z51 CONVERTIBLE REGARDING THE TRUNK RELEASE.
UNDER WARRANTY. THEY HAD TO REPROGRAM SOMETHING ON THE COMPUTER. MINE SOMETIMES OPENS AND LOCKS IMMEDIATELY.?????
Although the person who posted this thread has mentioned his is not a convertible, I am curious If the warranty repair fixed it for you ... or does your hatch still “sometimes opens and locks immediately”? As you post in caps, it’s hard to tell if your issue is fixed. 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: ddgermann
the problem was fixed under warranty for the trunk but at times when I open the trunk with the fob, it opens and locks immediately.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread