Field a couple miles from me... When I came here from the East coast in 1980, I thought these were just fields of dandelions .. very pretty though.... on a sunny day they just glow....

DSCN4544.JPG

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
A couple of great shots guys. In the case of the rain, right place at the the right time.

I remember the first time I flew over Saskatchewan and seeing the fields. Is it mustard seed Eric? I was told even the French use Canadian seed for their speciality mustards.

It
A couple of great shots guys. In the case of the rain, right place at the the right time.

I remember the first time I flew over Saskatchewan and seeing the fields. Is it mustard seed Eric? I was told even the French use Canadian seed for their speciality mustards.
It's Canola Murray. Formerly known as Rape seed until we became politically correct out here... well... some of us.... lol.... They process it mainly into cooking oil. It's definately the cash crop out here but it's very hard on the soil. And now because farmers keep planting it back to back years, it has developed a desease called Clubroot. Not good..... Not sure where they grow mustard. Don't think i've ever seen it around me but maybe I just thought it was canola.

Eric, apparently Mustard seed is a close relative of Canola. Alberta apparently is the place to grow it. Internationally known for being high quality. That said I do not know what it looks like, my error I guess in assuming by the colour of the crop that it was mustard.

Mustard grown out here is either yellow or brown seed. And yeah mustard and rape, I mean canola , look the same in the field so easy to mistaken. Very little mustard you see these days as the price is crappy just like the rest of what we grow. Canola this year is much seeded but the price is dropping like a rock now. I wanted to take my Vette out and take some pics with all the yellow fields around here but I just haven't had a chance yet and full bloom is going over so my chances are limited.

After seeing Hiroki post a picture of Vancouver (?) at night, here is a picture of St. John's from Signal Hill I took tonight while watching the ship my son is on, sail out of the harbour through 'the narrows'. I apologize for the quality of the picture as it was a spur of the moment shot with my cell phone. I will have to go back one of these nights with a proper camera
IMG_20160728_220809.jpg