Very kewl Murray... And you are correct.... I spent a lot of weekends in my youth at Cavendish beach and surrounding areas....Bought my first mickey of vodka at a bootlegger in Rustico.... Was hungover so bad the next day I tipped over the rented canoe at Marco Polo Land pond and lost one of my sneakers..:Vomit:....lol... that was more than a couple years ago.... hehe.... way to bring back the memories..... great pictures.....

Apparently you can make some incredible things with Barley from Saskatchewan. I think this is Canada's only legal Scotch Distillery. I don't drink Scotch but my wife does and she said it was pretty good. Enough that she bought a bottle of 15 year old single malt. Nice place in the Cape Breton Highlands.

Uf9LZWMl.jpg

Vj7fQQSl.jpg

QWS8MUSl.jpg

dt0kBxol.jpg

But…but…you can't just sit in the middle of the road….
HDtID7ml.jpg

good stuff Murray.... Both the trip reporting, the Scotch, and the pictures.... Are you ready to wow us with some Scots Gaelic phrases yet ? :D

It was a hard day on the Cabot Trail today, the road was in poor condition in many spots and I kept thinking of Allflash and hoping he made it through the worst of the construction sites. Stunning scenery but the road, at least today, would not have been Corvette friendly. Beautiful and rugged part of Canada.
8f3K2Xxl.jpg

Z7Yg2j2l.jpg

The quintessential shot of the Cabot Trail.

uzmRchYl.jpg

A few weeks ago was my yearly trip to Radium with a buddy of mine for their annual car show. Here are a few pictures from my phone along the way.
20160916_170122.jpg

Pardon the car for being covered in bug splotches, but these are driving pictures! This is one of my favorite spots on the old Highway 1A between Cochrane and Canmore where the foothills develop into the mountains.

20160916_170338.jpg

Right across the highway from where I took the first picture, this tree is captivating. Or maybe it is capsizing. The wind that develops in this river valley between the mountains is constant, and sometimes pretty intense. This tree really shows it.

20160916_185402.jpg

That's where I'm headed. If you've never been to Radium, it is a village of about 1100 people that puts on a car show every September that attracts well over 1,000 cars. It's awesome! lol

20160917_161130.jpg

A large group of bighorn sheep interrupted these golfer's play and caused them to hide in the bushes. I wish I had video of this, as it was quite humorous.

20160917_161117.jpg

Panned out to show the size of the group. I took this shot right off the balcony of my buddy's condo. Didn't even have to put on my shoes to get a great nature shot! lol.

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
A little glimpse of upland bird hunting this week. Decided to take a few days off after my Nova Scotia trip and catch some relax time with a buddy.... Ruffed grouse are plentiful this year which allowed me the opportunity to bag my supper and take a few shots later on with my camera as well... These birds weigh in at just shy of two pounds and are very tender and tasty white meat....

DSCN4909R.jpg
DSCN4927R.jpg

Reactions: Black 03 Z06