I always thought that this would be one of the buildings that would always be standing. We stayed in it twice for the Vancouver indycar race back in 98 and 99.

Truly a shame that it is coming down for some more crapbox apartments. The West End's famous landmarks are disappearing. West End has lost its character.

That’s a really cool picture.

I'll say, for a camera on a not so great phone. It took my friend a few trys to get a decent shot with less blur.

Finally getting a break from the heat here in Ontario. passing thunder storm DSC_0405.JPGDSC_0406.JPGDSC_0407.JPGDSC_0408.JPGDSC_0409.JPG

My buddies 69 ZL1 recreation. A master Corvette builder and published author in Vancouver set out to build "a better ZL1". I think he did it. 540 ci Keith Black virgin aluminum monster. 640 hp, 650 ft pds. Pretty decent for a old school carb car!

Attachments

• 1969CORVETTE ZL1 013.JPG
    1969CORVETTE ZL1 013.JPG
    722.5 KB · Views: 10
  • 1969CORVETTE ZL1 041.JPG
    1969CORVETTE ZL1 041.JPG
    878.2 KB · Views: 9
What a graphic representation of how amazing and ugly mankind can be. So duplicitous to see a twisted remanent of this marvel in engineering and hub for world wide commerce that was torn apart by sheer hatred in such a malevolent and violent manner; taking all those lives.
Very sobering to see this single piece of steel that held on as long as it could Mike.

Why yes you can Murray... But remember, you can't drive that one at night... At least that new 720S that Hiroki posted is street legal... And at $ 285k US more or less, probably a bit more affordable for the average guy ...Now you on the other hand should definately hold out for at least the P1... A bargain at $ 2.6 mil

$2.6mil...geezus!! and to think that the new ZR-1 will give this thing one hell of a run at fractions of the cost and with a few small mods, even beat it :Biggrin: :thumbs:

Users who are viewing this thread