Here they are mounted up on the car, time to start another mod.
Think I made them too shiny with the gloss paint, its hard to get a good photo
without all the glare.

fuelrailcoversmod.jpg

It can be done, just removing the intake and prep it well before painting.
I will paint the intake if I get a new FAST92 before installation.

I used a high temp header paint on the covers, after I cleaned them well
with soap, water and brush, then lightly sanded and then used scotchbright
on them to scruff them up so the paint will stick to something, and clean
with alcohol, painted numerous times, then put the decals on and then
repainted with Krylon clear laquer.

I will paint the intake if I get a new FAST92 before installation. Looks great Ill take your extra intake when you paint one!

Is your cam size limited by emissions testing??? That would also be another way to add more ponies but when it comes to ontario law I'm far from an expert!!
[mob][/mob]

Yes, I could go with a large #5 cam but dont want to make the car too hard to drive, this is my daily driver in the summer
and drive it from mid March (weather dependant) to Nov.

I dont know if this cam would go thru or not, John@Westport said it was very clean and tuned well, so whatever that means.
You can also adjust the idle, fan temps and a few other things to help it through the tests, an Etune.

I suppose the FAST75 is the intake you use right now?

Yup, I am using the FAST75 right now, might change to the 92, what to drive it for a while and see how things go.
Like anything after a while it will seem slow again, then will decide on what to do if anything next.
I am just working on cosmetic mods right now this spring and summer, maybe some handling mods too?

Yes, I could go with a large #5 cam but dont want to make the car too hard to drive, this is my daily driver in the summer
and drive it from mid March (weather dependant) to Nov.

I dont know if this cam would go thru or not, John@Westport said it was very clean and tuned well, so whatever that means.
You can also adjust the idle, fan temps and a few other things to help it through the tests, an Etune.

Well while I can't verify through 1,000's of city driven km's yet the daily driver characteristics, I can verify that I did not experience any reason to believe the reviews I read of this cam being a surprisably driveable and friendly cam whilst I was driving it home. With your current heads set up and other mods I'd have to guess that you'd be in the 465 rwhp range with a Fast 90 and a step up to the stage 5 cam... Ok... Maybe 460.. Either way... It might keep you from boosting that sucker!! Lol.

I doubt very highly that you'd get that cam to pass an e-test though. Manny?? :D
[mob][/mob]

Well while I can't verify through 1,000's of city driven km's yet the daily driver characteristics, I can verify that I did not experience any reason to believe the reviews I read of this cam being a surprisably driveable and friendly cam whilst I was driving it home. With your current heads set up and other mods I'd have to guess that you'd be in the 465 rwhp range with a Fast 90 and a step up to the stage 5 cam... Ok... Maybe 460.. Either way... It might keep you from boosting that sucker!! Lol.

I doubt very highly that you'd get that cam to pass an e-test though. Manny?? :D
[mob][/mob]

Big cams are always a pain for emission's . I have been experimanting with methanol injection on N/A motors as a way to lower emssions and pick up a few ponies:D . A suprising effect has been the lower emission's readings we have been getting on the etest roller's .

[email protected]

Big cams are always a pain for emission's . I have been experimanting with methanol injection on N/A motors as a way to lower emssions and pick up a few ponies:D . A suprising effect has been the lower emission's readings we have been getting on the etest roller's .

[email protected]

I would be interested in that, send me a PM buddy. :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.