Power User
Jun 21, 2011
Edmonton
VetteCoins
Car
1970 & 2015 Stingray
Province
AB
I just finished washing the car and engine compartment, dryed, vacuumed and started detailing the C7 today. Definately a feeling of accomplishment. It is up 12" on Race Ramps and wheel cribs. Going to do a engine oil change and filter, manual transmission fluid change, differential oil change and clutch fluid change tommorow. May do a brake fluid flush as well if time permits.
20171010_184727.jpg
20171010_184747.jpg
20171010_184510.jpg
20171010_183816.jpg

I just finished washing the car and engine compartment, dryed, vacuumed and started detailing the C7 today. Definately a feeling of accomplishment. It is up 12" on Race Ramps and wheel cribs. Going to do a engine oil change and filter, manual transmission fluid change, differential oil change and clutch fluid change tommorow. May do a brake fluid flush as well if time permits.View attachment 12126 View attachment 12127 View attachment 12128 View attachment 12129
And what's the shop rate for all that on a C6 Z06?

Reactions: Brent08
So does that shop use Mobil1?
Just wondering if the Shop Foreman is talking the Owner into using something else?
Don't forget ... minimum wage just went up again!
Looks pretty cool Ziggy ...

I'm am sure not to your level yet ...
I thought I was something by celebrating my changing-out a few light bulbs to LED.
It starts simple and moves along from there for me I guess ...

Would getting the car up on the back blocks be by jacking it up? Or is there a detachable ramp for that?
Also, it looks like you get what you pay for in those ramps as I see the flatspot stoppers have a good price on them ...
Maybe you can photo the cars on the dollys in the wrap-up of your "seasonal" work for this thread.
Cheers!

Last edited:
So does that shop use Mobil1?
Just wondering if the Shop Foreman is talking the Owner into using something else?
Don't forget ... minimum wage just went up again!
Looks pretty cool Ziggy ...

I'm am sure not to that level yet ...
I thought I was something by celebrating changing a few light bulbs to LED.
It starts simple and moves along from there with me ...

The shop foreman only uses Mobil 1 and GM oil filters for the C7. Also have a Filter Mag on the oil filter for a bit of extra insurance. I purchase 8-10 jugs when it goes on sale for half price at Canadian Tire. Costs me about $65 to do an oil change on the Z51 dry sump. He is a little slow with his work, but is very careful and meticulous, except the one day he forgot to fold in the passenger side mirror when pulling the car in. I have finally forgiven him, Lol!

Changed out all my balasts and bulbs to Led at the end of last year, what a difference.

Reactions: Cruzin and Riley P
Next time I see you, I am going to chat about changing the balasts. I did a Nav update last night and while waiting and walking around, I'm trying not to let that yellowish ambience from the balasts bother me ... and ... I say the same with my getting-older and dismissing OCD.

20171011_110139.jpg
20171011_105406.jpg
20171011_171148.jpg

Changed out the cheap GM engine drain plugs for high strength magnetic versions, purchased through a US dealer on eBay last winter for all our vehicles. Any bit of extra insurance in a performance engine is very welcome in my book. Here is an extra long 1" open/box wrench holding onto the end of the plug showing the strength of the magnet. I am sold! The last picture are the rear end fill and drain plugs, they have magnets installed in the center from factory. I found that the rear end was low 2/3 liter from factory fill, and this rear end with cooler takes only 3 liters, and both drain and fill plugs were loose, not very impressive. I heard that this was quite common on these cars, now I see it is a true rumor!

Ziggy when you lower the back do you have to remove the front wheel chocks? From the pictures it looks, to me anyhow, that the rotation could jam the chocks agains the bodywork. Probably just the pict.

I did notice a little dirt on the control arm on the right rear but why ruin a guys days with something so small.:Biggrin:

Car(s) look incredible, well done. :thumbs: Impressed.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread