Power User
Jun 21, 2011
Edmonton
VetteCoins
Car
1970 & 2015 Stingray
Province
AB
After many years of watching the Quickjack evolve from the first one on the market, I decided to pull the trigger and purchase the BL-7000SLX from Costco. I wanted one that would be able to lift all my vehicles, including my truck. Well, I am glad I went for the 7000 lb model, this thing is a beast for a tiny lift. They are currently selling there for $1450+tax. The main parallelogram hydraulic parts are just over 100lbs each and move around with the help of 2 tiny wheels on the one end. The hydraulic porta pump is quite light and easy to move. Once all the initial setup, fluid filling and bleeding is completed, simply move them under your vehicle, hook up the quick connect lines to the pump, position your rubber lift blocks below your jacking pucks, single or double stacked, line them up with your lift points on your vehicle, hit the magic up button the the remote and be amazed to see your ride rise up without any effort. Well, a bit of effort is required to move them and set up, but what a difference from using a floor jack and jackstands. There are two lock positions to choose from. A low one for doing tire swaps, brakes, etc. Then a high position, about 20-22" clearance for doing work underneath, oil changes, exhaust, etc. Not a cheap investment, but a very clever and safe alternative to a full size hoist. I just ordered a set of pinch weld blocks from the manufacturer for using it on our unibody suv's. Once up in the air and locked, you vehicle can stay up and the lines can be disconnected and moved out of the way if required, and not a single drop of oil is lost. Not very often is there a product that is as good as it looks, but this one gets a full 5 stars from me. It is designed in the USA and made from high quality Chineseium. I was questioning the build quality before purchasing, but not any longer, this product is well made. If you are tired of using floor jacks and jackstands, treat yourself and buy one of these, you only live once! :Woohoo:

Last edited:
Hey there Jim, long time hearing from ya since the 2019 Corvette Caravan. Hope you and the misses are doing well.

I love my 7000lb QuickJack. I use it on all all my vehicles including my full size pickup. I wish I had it 30 years ago, make life much easier. Feel free to PM me with detailed questions. Don't hesitate, just buy it!
Hey Buddy! We are doing well! Hope you all are as well! Thanks for the reply and the write up! Stay safe out there! :)

I have the BL-5000 SLX. I really wanted the 7000 due to the extra capacity, but the 5000 was on sale at Costco (I think it was 1199) so I got it. If Costco carried the 7000 I would have bought it, but it seems they only carry the 5000.

I did find that the 5000 pretty much lifts everything (except full size trucks) so its a winner.

Along with my comment about the 7000SLX clearing my side skirts I just want to mention that I use jacking pucks on the car and the short blocks to lift the car. The frames will slide under the car no problem but to give me a little bit more space for moving the frames around before lifting I usually drive my car up on my homemade ramps at the front. That raises my front end up about 2" and the extra room under there is great for frame alignment before I hit that up button.

AWESOME WRITE UP ZIGGY! THANK YOU!
I'm just wondering about storage when its not being used? Does it take up much space?
My garage like many of you is never big enough.
Does anyone have pictures of storing these Quick-Jacks?
Thanks In Advance! TIA! :)
A7A10971-9B3B-4B20-9A56-B79E908146A9.jpeg

Reactions: turbozig
7000SLX frames are a tad higher than the frames for the 5000SLX. At stock ride height you could keep them under the car and just park your car over them but it is close.

I have a 2 car garage and when I had my 09 Z06 and 13 GT500 I kept the frames under the Shelby as that car had more room under it than the Z06 but I could keep them under the Z06 if I wanted to.

Now with the ZR1 as the only car in the garage it gets parked in the middle and I just keep each frame on either side of the car on the floor and wheel them in place when I need to use them.

There are the hacks you can do with the frames to make them maneuver easier by adding wheels to the frames, check YT. I did that on my frames cause it's a total bitch to move the 7000SLX frames around.

Reactions: Messner
7000SLX frames are a tad higher than the frames for the 5000SLX. At stock ride height you could keep them under the car and just park your car over them but it is close.

I have a 2 car garage and when I had my 09 Z06 and 13 GT500 I kept the frames under the Shelby as that car had more room under it than the Z06 but I could keep them under the Z06 if I wanted to.

Now with the ZR1 as the only car in the garage it gets parked in the middle and I just keep each frame on either side of the car on the floor and wheel them in place when I need to use them.

There are the hacks you can do with the frames to make them maneuver easier by adding wheels to the frames, check YT. I did that on my frames cause it's a total bitch to move the 7000SLX frames around.
Thanks!

I'm just wondering about storage when its not being used? Does it take up much space?
View attachment 90596
I think I read that add-on accessories include wall hangers.
One could likely get very strong hangers for the weight from a hardware source.
I actually have a set of jacks hanging between studs in my unfinished garage.
As I did not pay for P.Eng. They away from the corvettes of course. 😂

Last edited:
Reactions: OL Yeller
View attachment 90596
Thanks Jim. In your garage you will definitely have wall space to hang them. Don't hesitate, just get a set, you won't regret it.

• Agree
Reactions: YFCvii
View attachment 90596
Jim, if you end up buying one and ordering the quickjack wall mount brackets, I'll order a set of brackets also and split the shipping with you.