Power User
Jun 21, 2011
Edmonton
VetteCoins
Car
1970 & 2015 Stingray
Province
AB
After many years of watching the Quickjack evolve from the first one on the market, I decided to pull the trigger and purchase the BL-7000SLX from Costco. I wanted one that would be able to lift all my vehicles, including my truck. Well, I am glad I went for the 7000 lb model, this thing is a beast for a tiny lift. They are currently selling there for $1450+tax. The main parallelogram hydraulic parts are just over 100lbs each and move around with the help of 2 tiny wheels on the one end. The hydraulic porta pump is quite light and easy to move. Once all the initial setup, fluid filling and bleeding is completed, simply move them under your vehicle, hook up the quick connect lines to the pump, position your rubber lift blocks below your jacking pucks, single or double stacked, line them up with your lift points on your vehicle, hit the magic up button the the remote and be amazed to see your ride rise up without any effort. Well, a bit of effort is required to move them and set up, but what a difference from using a floor jack and jackstands. There are two lock positions to choose from. A low one for doing tire swaps, brakes, etc. Then a high position, about 20-22" clearance for doing work underneath, oil changes, exhaust, etc. Not a cheap investment, but a very clever and safe alternative to a full size hoist. I just ordered a set of pinch weld blocks from the manufacturer for using it on our unibody suv's. Once up in the air and locked, you vehicle can stay up and the lines can be disconnected and moved out of the way if required, and not a single drop of oil is lost. Not very often is there a product that is as good as it looks, but this one gets a full 5 stars from me. It is designed in the USA and made from high quality Chineseium. I was questioning the build quality before purchasing, but not any longer, this product is well made. If you are tired of using floor jacks and jackstands, treat yourself and buy one of these, you only live once! :Woohoo:

Last edited:
Do you do your own Oil Changes on your Corvette and have you changed your pads to the Hawk pad

My 2015 has only ever saw a dealership for 2 software updates and a infotainment screen warranty replacement. I have had several nightmare dealer visits with other vehicles and refuse to bring my cars in for service if at all possible. Every fluid and service has been performed by myself on my 2015. I know the work is done right and with much greater care than the GM stealer would. I changed my pads to the G-loc street formulation at about 8000km. No regrets, they perform as good as the factory Z51 Brembo pads but about 80% less dust.

Do you do your own Oil Changes on your Corvette and have you changed your pads to the Hawk pad

I use the 5000 model under my C6 and SUV. I switched to the ceramic pallets front and rear on the C6 GS with very little dust on the chrome wheels.

After many years of watching the Quickjack evolve from the first one on the market, I decided to pull the trigger and purchase the BL-7000SLX from Costco. I wanted one that would be able to lift all my vehicles, including my truck. Well, I am glad I went for the 7000 lb model, this thing is a beast for a tiny lift. They are currently selling there for $1450+tax. The main parallelogram hydraulic parts are just over 100lbs each and move around with the help of 2 tiny wheels on the one end. The hydraulic porta pump is quite light and easy to move. Once all the initial setup, fluid filling and bleeding is completed, simply move them under your vehicle, hook up the quick connect lines to the pump, position your rubber lift blocks below your jacking pucks, single or double stacked, line them up with your lift points on your vehicle, hit the magic up button the the remote and be amazed to see your ride rise up without any effort. Well, a bit of effort is required to move them and set up, but what a difference from using a floor jack and jackstands. There are two lock positions to choose from. A low one for doing tire swaps, brakes, etc. Then a high position, about 20-22" clearance for doing work underneath, oil changes, exhaust, etc. Not a cheap investment, but a very clever and safe alternative to a full size hoist. I just ordered a set of pinch weld blocks from the manufacturer for using it on our unibody suv's. Once up in the air and locked, you vehicle can stay up and the lines can be disconnected and moved out of the way if required, and not a single drop of oil is lost. Not very often is there a product that is as good as it looks, but this one gets a full 5 stars from me. It is designed in the USA and made from high quality Chineseium. I was questioning the build quality before purchasing, but not any longer, this product is well made. If you are tired of using floor jacks and jackstands, treat yourself and buy one of these, you only live once! :Woohoo:

Great write up.

I was just wondering about the length of the 7000SLX. Would theJacking Pucks installed under the car sit on the quickjack? In other words does the quickjack lift the car using the jack puck locations?

Thanks in advance!

Great write up.

I was just wondering about the length of the 7000SLX. Would theJacking Pucks installed under the car sit on the quickjack? In other words does the quickjack lift the car using the jack puck locations?

Thanks in advance!

Ziggy will likely answer this but by his text and the pic I would say yes. He's lifting at the lift points.

1588015723187.png

thanks .. I have a 2019 Grand Sport so now I just need to check and see if the 7000SLX will work on my Ford Raptor as well

I purchased the accessory extension frames to reach my jack points on my truck and suv's. Should work on all trucks. They simply slip overtop of the existing quickjack frames.

Question about the 7000 SLX and C7 Z06. O am seeing just under 4" clearance at the front puck point and 5" at the rear...two questions.

1. Can I simply slide this under without pucks and be safe with the lift and not damaging my side rails?
2. Is the center splash plate strong enough to just slide these side by side center and lift?
3. Do the puck points match up and can I simply use their shorter rubber pucks that they include

Tx ahead...
106918502_3189435364459455_3891360422431545992_o.jpg

Thanks for the update. I price shopped and the original Costco price was already good, but with the sale price it's an absolute bargain. I was all set to buy one but Costco was out of stock, then my "boss" OK'd a 4-post lift instead, so it all worked out. I tend to over-research things before jumping in and everything I saw and heard told me it's a good product that works well for Corvettes and other vehicles that weigh less than 7,000 pounds. If you were on the fence before, I'd suggest buying it now for this price that's not likely to return anytime soon. And no, I don't work for nor have any affiliation with Costco or the Quickjack manufacturer.

Reactions: frankmp
I have the 5000 from Costco too. My experience with customer support from the manufacturer has been poor.

Fittings to the jack aren't the best designed...I have frequent leaks and am always fiddling to fix fluid drips. But when they work, they work well and there isn't much out on the market that compares.

Have had mine for over 3 years.The one thing you have to make sure of is that the air pressure in each cylinder is close to 50PSI so it goes up and down evenly.If the jacks sit around for a few weeks re-check the preload air pressure before using or you could find yourself with a vette at a 30 degree angle side to side,instead flat and even.

RE: QUICK JACK - COSTCO:
Just wondering as time has gone by how everyone is making out with their Costco Quick Jacks?
I'm considering buying one... They are $1299 right now at Costco i/c Shipping. Couple of questions tho:
1. Can the Quick Jack be left in place under where I park the Corvette when not in use? I'd like to just store it under the car but can the car drive in and out over top of it?
2. Any other issues I should know about? Are they still working well after 2-3 years or...
Thanks Y'all (That's Albertan for everyone :Pistolsmiley:) hahaha!

Reactions: turbozig
RE: QUICK JACK - COSTCO:
Just wondering as time has gone by how everyone is making out with their Costco Quick Jacks?
I'm considering buying one... They are $1299 right now at Costco i/c Shipping. Couple of questions tho:
1. Can the Quick Jack be left in place under where I park the Corvette when not in use? I'd like to just store it under the car but can the car drive in and out over top of it?
2. Any other issues I should know about? Are they still working well after 2-3 years or...
Thanks Y'all (That's Albertan for everyone :Pistolsmiley:) hahaha!
Hey there Jim @Messner, long time hearing from ya since the 2019 Corvette Caravan. Hope you and the misses are doing well.

I love my 7000lb QuickJack. I use it on all all my vehicles including my full size pickup. I wish I had it 30 years ago, make life much easier. Feel free to PM me with detailed questions. Don't hesitate, just buy it!

Last edited: