AxeZ06 is correct. You will be able to find many, many, many warnings against Fram filters. I too would not now use one if it was free. Even though their Ultra filter gets reasonable reviews, you can do as well with many other basic filters. A company that is reputed to produce such shoddy basic filters does not deserve our business under any circumstances. Don't take my word though. Take the advice of AxeZ06 and do some research based investigation.

Wix and Napa gold comparason (both good)

Media pleats are 58 for the NG versus 56 for the WIX - Media height is 3.73" for the NG versus 3.655" for the WIX - Media length is 82" for the NG versus 79.75" for the WIX - Media area is 305.86" for the NG versus 291.49" for the WIX

Here's a good site to compare different filters, without the youtube pain:

Last edited:
Well, there ya go! That's what makes this community so great! People jump in to say their bit, and the rest of us get to benefit from the points made!

Plain and simple, I have never been too concerned about the oil filter because of the way it is mounted - gravity really should take care of most of the concerns. I used Fram simply because they are a huge manufacturer and even most of the off-brands are actually manufactured by them. Clearly there are some people and some video proof to say and show that there are significant differences, so please accept my apologies. To be fair, I don't actually use Fram filters myself either, so I shouldn't have said that! lol.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.