Isa

Casual User
Sep 8, 2018
VetteCoins
Car
Corvette 2008 Z06
which oil should I put.I have a 2008 z06 ls7 engine is freshly build with comp cam is any one use amsoil zrod 20w50 or should I use something else now I'm using m1 0w40

which oil should I put.I have a 2008 z06 ls7 engine is freshly build with comp cam is any one use amsoil zrod 20w50 or should I use something else now I'm using m1 0w40

Well this should be an interesting thread.
I used Mobil 1 in my LS7 C6. Don't remember the grade. Mine was stock though so you may have a different requirement.

use the mobile 1 that is factory recommended.
i beleive that all GM motors need the dex .
I have heads/cam/intake and are other mods from katech and the factory oil is recomended

Reactions: YFCvii
use the mobile 1 that is factory recommended.
i beleive that all GM motors need the dex .
I have heads/cam/intake and are other mods from katech and the factory oil is recomended
thanks for replay which grade m1 oil ur running I'm loosing some oil

Formulated for high-performance LS engines, the LS30 is rated at 5W-30 but has the effect of higher 15W-40 oil. This oil also has a higher zinc content for anti-wear protection and defends against moisture drawn into the engine by modern ethanol-blended fuels.

Formulated for high-performance LS engines, the LS30 is rated at 5W-30 but has the effect of higher 15W-40 oil. This oil also has a higher zinc content for anti-wear protection and defends against moisture drawn into the engine by modern ethanol-blended fuels.
thank u my friend for the help.where I can get this oil?

DRIVEN Engine Oil; LS30 Street Performance, 5W-30 Synthetic

this is the one

I get mine from a local speed shop. I don't see it in a search at Canadian Tire, but I do see that apparently Walmart carries it (surprise!). You can also get it at Mopac, Parts Source, and Summit.

This is an excellent question, and I am glad to see that you are thinking things through. I do really appreciate that everything is important, and this is a logical follow-up question.

Given the fact that the oil filter is mounted straight-down (as it should be), I have to say that it doesn't make a tremendous difference on your choice of filter. You can realistically use pretty much any filter you want. Gravity takes care of most everything that you may need to be concerned about. I tend to use Fram because they are easy to find, highly rated, and relatively cheap. I do like to cut mine open after the oil change to see what winds up in the bottom, but that's just me.

I hope you don't mind, but I do have to ask. Your avatar says LSA. Camaro or Cadillac?

ok thanks last thing which oil filter should I get
As Jord said, you won't go wrong with Fram filters, although I would also recommend you get the Fram Ultra Guard filter if you do go with Fram. This is their synthetic glass fiber filter (as opposed to cellulose) that is efficient for trapping the 10 to 20 micron size contaminants. Not to say Fram is your only or your best choice but it is a good filter. The major thing to look for in any brand filtration device is the particle size the filter is able to trap, combined with it's efficiency at trapping that size. Look for that 10 to 20 Micron filter with as high an efficency rating as possible. Most of us won't experience the wear from contaminents as badly as some as we change our oil almost religiously, but why take a chance on 40 micron size particles trying to squeeze through a 30 micron bearing clearance.

As Jord said, you won't go wrong with Fram filters, although I would also recommend you get the Fram Ultra Guard filter if you do go with Fram. This is their synthetic glass fiber filter (as opposed to cellulose) that is efficient for trapping the 10 to 20 micron size contaminants. Not to say Fram is your only or your best choice but it is a good filter. The major thing to look for in any brand filtration device is the particle size the filter is able to trap, combined with it's efficiency at trapping that size. Look for that 10 to 20 Micron filter with as high an efficency rating as possible. Most of us won't experience the wear from contaminents as badly as some as we change our oil almost religiously, but why take a chance on 40 micron size particles trying to squeeze through a 30 micron bearing clearance.
thanks

Fram filters?
Guys.......please use your googlers!
Fram won't show up on any "best oil filters" query.
They will highlight "worse oil filters".
I wouldn't put a fram filter on anything I care about if they were free, or cheaper.

Reactions: vintageracer
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.