C5 Owner
Nov 4, 2018
Boston
VetteCoins
Car
2004 Z06
Province / State
USA
That was my understanding as well. I called my local dealer last week and after giving them my VIN they informed me that mine already had the steering lock recall fixed.
I've heard the dealer recall fix doesn't totally fix the bug, that's why I decided to install this module.Now when I turn the key, I no longer here the steering wheel lock engaging it the steering column. I now hear it at the BCM (simulating a lock) in the passengers footwell, there by eliminating the lock all-together.

Reactions: hemicat

hemicat

Casual User
C5 Owner
Nov 5, 2018
Dalmeny
VetteCoins
Car
2003 Z06
Province / State
Saskatchewan
Did you get the twilight automatic light function disabled as well? My car was brought in from the states so I don't think I have the issue (never noticed yet anyway).

Just had the recall done on mine yesterday. So far, so good - fingers crossed!

Black 03 Z06

Staff member
Power User
C5 Owner
HOT Dealer
Oct 30, 2013
Haliburton, Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
2003 Z06
Province / State
Ontario
Not sure if we are talking about the same thing or not. I had my "auto on" headlights disabled through the cars computer. The C5's are hard on the plastic gears that drive the headlights up and down. So starting the car in the garage the lights would come on automatically, as they should I guess, but really did not need that function to work there. So to reduce wear and tear Manny programmed it out, did the column lock at the same time. Not sure if it is on American cars or not.

I just have to remember to turn them on at night now but I have a big sticky note on the dash for that. :Biggrin:

hemicat

Casual User
C5 Owner
Nov 5, 2018
Dalmeny
VetteCoins
Car
2003 Z06
Province / State
Saskatchewan
Yes, that is the "auto on" I was referring to. The twilight feature is mentioned at about 42.50 in this video:

I tried starting the car in the dark garage this morning. My headlights do not come on but the running lights do.

Black 03 Z06

Staff member
Power User
C5 Owner
HOT Dealer
Oct 30, 2013
Haliburton, Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
2003 Z06
Province / State
Ontario
Hemicat, yours is an American car but I wonder if the auto on function is simply turned off in the program as well? Lots of mysteries in these cars. Found a video the other day of five features most people don't know about on C5's. All new to me. and I have owned it since new.:Biggrin:

Black 03 Z06

Staff member
Power User
C5 Owner
HOT Dealer
Oct 30, 2013
Haliburton, Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
2003 Z06
Province / State
Ontario
I bought some Radio Flyer LED tail lights that I need to install but I really want to get those front clear cut replacement DRL's. Riley has them on his C5 and they look really good.

Interesting about your lens housing burning through Ron. I have to check mine sometime, we cannot legally shut ours off here.

Reactions: Hotrodron

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)