Nik

Staff member
Power User
Administrator
Beta
Jan 11, 2009
VetteCoins
Some pretty clear pics of the prototype.

c8mid-engg14kgped.jpg

c8mid-engg07kgped.jpg

http://roa.h-cdn.co/assets/17/05/980x490/c8mid-engg10kgped.jpg
http://roa.h-cdn.co/assets/17/05/980x490/c8mid-engg14kgped.jpg
http://roa.h-cdn.co/assets/17/05/980x490/c8mid-engg21kgped.jpg
http://roa.h-cdn.co/assets/17/05/980x490/c8mid-engg24kgped.jpg
http://roa.h-cdn.co/assets/17/05/980x490/midenginew05kgped.jpg

Reactions: smackYYZ
Interesting there is no visible wing/spoiler on the mid engine prototype. Could mean one of the dynamic type wings that come out at speed to add rear downforce when needed and the cover on it would mean it couldn't deploy?? I sure hope they badge that as something other than Corvette and keep the front engine vette as well.

Interesting there is no visible wing/spoiler on the mid engine prototype. Could mean one of the dynamic type wings that come out at speed to add rear downforce when needed and the cover on it would mean it couldn't deploy?? I sure hope they badge that as something other than Corvette and keep the front engine vette as well.

Too early to tell on the wing, as to running two distinct lines of Corvettes, sure I'd love to see it but it's GM and it wouldn't make much sense unless the mid-engined car is truly a limited edition small production run.

I think the side-by-side pic with what is presumably the ZR1 is a really good indicator of how the body proportions will change.

The body cladding is intended to disguise the car so that we can't see the curves and know what the shape is going to be. It does look pretty disappointing, but that is intentional. Just look at the ugly-ass wheels they put on it, and ya gotta know, they're keeping it low-key.

As much as this would be a technological piece of work. I just couldn't see myself having any interest in a mid engine Corvette. Jmo.

I realize the camo. is designed to hide the body ..... but honestly, I'm not liking the proportions, especially the front overhang. The current style is very proportionate with small overhangs. Hopefully the disguise is not an indicator of what is to come ... not that it really matters to me since the price tag will likely be in the mid $100's.

I realize the camo. is designed to hide the body ..... but honestly, I'm not liking the proportions, especially the front overhang. The current style is very proportionate with small overhangs. Hopefully the disguise is not an indicator of what is to come ... not that it really matters to me since the price tag will likely be in the mid $100's.

If it happens, and that's still a big giant IF, I don't expect it to look anything like this though proportionally speaking it will obviously be different. I'm still not convinced GM can make a convincing business case for a mid-engine car unless it's a limited edition Halo car (Ford GT style) but who knows.

Reactions: turbozig
C7 Corvette sales in the US were: 2014 - 34,839, 2015 - 33,329, 2016 - 29,995... I think Nik is exactly right... Tough to think a mid-engine Corvette priced north of 150k will be produced with any expectation that it makes good business sense...

Reactions: turbozig
I can't even approach the fence on this yet.
It does not have me convinced as I envision it as an outline only in the "real photos" and find it too close to being an "El-corvetto" with squared back end.
The artwork of the Red version looks cool but again I don't like the back end this time with the bugged-out tail light lenses.

So far zero remorse not waiting and spending my fortune on a C7.

Methinks from the rear that C8 rendition looks like a Caddy with Veyron pot lights.... Better than some of the other artists renditions I have seen but still hoping it doesn't roll off the line looking like that... Not that there will be one in my garage anyway...

I have grown quite fond of the C7 lines. And I think with a couple of minor mods to the lights and badges on mine, I could be mistaken for the $ 4 million dollar Zenvo TS1 GT.... Yes????
:rofl:

upload_2017-7-30_9-15-2.png

Methinks from the rear that C8 rendition looks like a Caddy with Veyron pot lights.... Better than some of the other artists renditions I have seen but still hoping it doesn't roll off the line looking like that... Not that there will be one in my garage anyway...

I have grown quite fond of the C7 lines. And I think with a couple of minor mods to the lights and badges on mine, I could be mistaken for the $ 4 million dollar Zenvo TS1 GT.... Yes????
:rofl:

View attachment 10296

I remember saying to my wife "yes the 13 C6 Z06 is the car I'm dreaming of... this will be the one I'm keeping. Mid life crisis over".
And saying it again about the 15 Z06 I bought.... and again about the 17 Z06 I bought.... and again about the 18 ZR1 I have the deposit on currently. All this over barely 1 year.
So: "I'm not getting a C8 as I love the C7 as it is all the car I need..."

I'm so screwed..... :Banghead:

Out of curiosity why would you "upgrade" from a 15 z06 to a 17 z06? They are essentially the same car no??

I remember saying to my wife "yes the 13 C6 Z06 is the car I'm dreaming of... this will be the one I'm keeping. Mid life crisis over".
And saying it again about the 15 Z06 I bought.... and again about the 17 Z06 I bought.... and again about the 18 ZR1 I have the deposit on currently. All this over barely 1 year.
So: "I'm not getting a C8 as I love the C7 as it is all the car I need..."

I'm so screwed..... :Banghead:

pretty funny seeing all the prototypes, and reactions people have to them. Most of them aren't even close to the actually production model, in most cases, and in this case I hope that fact remains true! Most of the one's I've seen are FUGLY!

Out of curiosity why would you "upgrade" from a 15 z06 to a 17 z06? They are essentially the same car no??

The power pull down on the back hatch. The 15 didn't have it. Drove me nuts. Plus I used up the last free oil change. I joked about just getting a new one...walked over to the sales dept during my oil change.... yada yada yada.
I did.
I'm joking around; although that did happen. There are a few real upgrades on the 17. Intercooler and airflow being the major one. I have not heard of anyone complaining about overhearing yet. Probably never would have been an issue for me on the 15 but it will likely really drop in value with the 16s after a couple more years of 17 and 18 models on the used market. Just me rationalizing my addiction perhaps but I'm going with that for now.
My other Corvettes were in perfect condition and I loved them, but beyond the above...I just really wanted to put the first a$$ groove in a brand new one.

I'm seriously Hoping to have this addiction under control now..
D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread