Aug 18, 2014
Timmins Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
2015 Z06
While no dates have yet been announced, we have learned the order of producing the different Z06 models.

Please don't bash me , just found this on another forum .

First, the Z06 coupes with manual transmissions will be produced.

Second, the Z06 coupes with the 8-speed automatic transmission will be introduced into the production line. Automatic transmission coupes could be no more than one week behind the manuals -- or perhaps a longer introduction delay for the auto-trans Z06's than that. We just do not know.

Third, probably around late winter, the Z06 convertibles with manual transmissions will start down the line, followed again by automatic transmission convertibles.

The timing delay for the Z06 auto-trans coupes, that is the interval between the Z06 coupe manual and the Z06 coupe auto-trans cars, will help give us a clue how much later the last group, the Z06 auto-trans convertibles will follow the Z06 manual trans convertibles.

Thanks Kaz, though I just got my C7 a month ago I am ordering a Z06 eventually. I am going to wait until the dust settles and the hype dies down though it may take 1-2 years.

Honestly , I wasn't even looking to buy a car , its just when I saw the pics and said , WOW , do I need one , nope , do I want one , Hell yes , and so began the quest for the "Holy Grail " lol .

This product sequence is going to kill me... Manual means I get it sooner...

From GM themselves...

"First order submission for the 2015 Z06 in the Dealer Order Submission Process [DSOP] will be September 18, 2014. Please be aware that only Z06 Coupe with Manual Transmission will be available to order for this first DOSP cycle. We anticipate that both the 8-Speed Automatic Transmission and Convertible models will be available in 1-2 months after this first DOSP.

Furthermore, participating dealers should be aware of any other production constraints that may impact the ability to fulfill certain order configurations, and should avoid making commitments to customers until the allocation and constraints are available to the dealer in the weekly order placement cycle. Please monitor the weekly constraint guide for latest constraint status."

Last edited:
That is really interesting how they are separating the production sequences instead of just hammering the Z06's down the line as the orders come in. I imagine this give production a chance to sort out issues on one setup first before moving to the next.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.