Well, it appears as though the price hike isn't TOO bad. I'm really not surprised about the hike in price for the Z51. That package was a steal! I hope we are as lucky in Canada to get a similar minimal hike.

According to Jim at Sherwood ParK Chevrolet in edmonton, alberta…"no changes in price yet" is what he just told me via phone.

cheers!

It's not really a negotiation... I'm at 1100 and have signed paperwork on an agreed price from the dealer. That is sufficient for a price lock. Once your order is in, that's the price you will pay for that car. Plus the price increases for Canada haven't even been announced yet so regardless, no one is paying more yet anyways. They are still the same price if you find one.

The dealership that mine is on order from wouldn't guarantee me a price until the car gets a VIN number and has a window sticker price. Apparently if the car arrives and the MSRP in the window sticker is more than the build sheet, the car costs the dealer more money as well so they just pass that on to the buyer. I tried yesterday to lock in my price on their accepted allocation / build sheet and they said "no way"

The dealership that mine is on order from wouldn't guarantee me a price until the car gets a VIN number and has a window sticker price. Apparently if the car arrives and the MSRP in the window sticker is more than the build sheet, the car costs the dealer more money as well so they just pass that on to the buyer. I tried yesterday to lock in my price on their accepted allocation / build sheet and they said "no way"

yup, I guarantee thats what will happen

I have a signed contract and an order number. I spoke with my dealer and my price is confirmed and locked in. I am not sure if I am at an 1100 status as I do not have a build date. The car was ordered Oct 31st and the dealer assumes I will have my build date this week or next, once that takes place I am told 6-8 weeks for the arrival of the car. I looked at my contract and their are no contingencies on GM pricing mentioned. A contract is a contract especially once the dealer takes your hard earned money as a deposit.

I have a signed contract and an order number. I spoke with my dealer and my price is confirmed and locked in. I am not sure if I am at an 1100 status as I do not have a build date. The car was ordered Oct 31st and the dealer assumes I will have my build date this week or next, once that takes place I am told 6-8 weeks for the arrival of the car. I looked at my contract and their are no contingencies on GM pricing mentioned. A contract is a contract especially once the dealer takes your hard earned money as a deposit.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but my order was 65 days old, Its an "Accepted", "preliminary order" at 1100 on the GM "OrderWORKBENCH" and until the dealer gets a VIN number, they don't have a fixed price. I really, really hope you're right first_place_trailer because we would be in similar situations but my dealer was very specific in pointing this crappy piece of info out to me.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but my order was 65 days old, Its an "Accepted", "preliminary order" at 1100 on the GM "OrderWORKBENCH" and until the dealer gets a VIN number, they don't have a fixed price. I really, really hope you're right first_place_trailer because we would be in similar situations but my dealer was very specific in pointing this crappy piece of info out to me.

In the US, GM has said that anyone with an order in the system is price protected. I have no idea if Canada will follow suit but I have no reason to believe they won't. If GM doesn't "grandfather" the order than having an order in and a deposit down is meaningless relative to price, unfortunately. The purchase contract isn't signed until it is signed and the dealer taking a deposit and putting it in the system is nothing more than that. Having said that, I expect GM will honor MSRP for all cars in the system so I'm betting you are fine :D

I hope so, I could not imagine giving my customers a price and when their trailer gets here telling them it is going to be more! Non the less I am very nervous now.

Unfortunately, even if GM does guarantee MSRP for people with cars on order, that doesn't mean the dealer won't try to play games. If I were you, I would tell the dealer that GM has been honoring orders in the system (in the US) and ensure the dealer knows that you know this. Having said that, there hasn't been an official price increase yet in Canada but I expect GM Canada will confirm this also when they do eventually release the new pricing.

I did talk to customer care and here is the text from our conversation.....

"03/18/2014 11:41:40AM Nathan: "I am also worried that I may get hit with a price increase,"
03/18/2014 11:42:21AM Agent (Marvel C): "We have confirmation that this order has been accepted. At this time we don't have an expected build date. Whatever the price was would be the cost you would pay. Your invoice wouldn't change."

I hope this is the case. I will just keep my fingers crossed

I did talk to customer care and here is the text from our conversation.....

"03/18/2014 11:41:40AM Nathan: "I am also worried that I may get hit with a price increase,"
03/18/2014 11:42:21AM Agent (Marvel C): "We have confirmation that this order has been accepted. At this time we don't have an expected build date. Whatever the price was would be the cost you would pay. Your invoice wouldn't change."

I hope this is the case. I will just keep my fingers crossed

Thanks for this. It might not be worth GM going through the hassle of raising the price on 2014 vettes in Canada now because it almost sounds like there are near zero allocations left in the country...?? Why bother if they're not going to get any more money here anyway. Look out 2015 though...

Here is the deal, if you have a deposite agreement signed WITH a price guarantee currently with no BUILD DATE or 1100 you will still most likely be doing negotiations with the dealer come time for delivery for your 2015 (august producion i believe) UNLESS GM honors pricing in the workbench like what was previously suggested. NO MATTER what the salesman promised, it boils down to the integrity of the manager in charge if 15 to 14 pricing exceeds their bottom line. There is a gray area when car shifts to 15my, I can already imagine an excuse being the price on contract is only valid for 14my, along those lines. Have something prepared or prepare to walk. I myself have every conditions written and signed before i placed deposit however that does not guarantee the dealer wont play games if they choose to. Share you dealer experiences when yhe time comes so we can help identify the bad dealers.

Last edited:
There's a gray area when car shifts to 15my, I can already imagine an excuse being the price on contract is only valid for 14my, along those lines.

What gray area? Your price is only valid on a '14. Substantial price increase is a solid bet for '15.

all 15's will be affect by the price increase unless your dealer guaranteed the price and is willing to take it out of the gross (this is very unlikely for most dealers as the cars are still in very high demand)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for at least 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread