This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

PPF and ceramic coating

Just like porridge….

Murr, you take a beating about the Camaro all in good fun. Never found out if you escaped unscathed...
I was following a van hauling a big trailer and we were going 40 in an 80. I couldn't figure out why so I left the lane slightly to glance forward and I hit black ice. The traffic in front of me slowed and forced me out into the oncoming lane as I couldn't stop or even slow down. I had to make an evasive move to the left. then things got really bad. The car began to slide sideways and after a few corrections it took off backwards down the incline. I hit a ditch and landed upside down. All the glass was broken except the drivers door window. My head wasn't hard enough to break it. Seat belt still on. Engine running I think. I'm claustrophobic and no way I was gonna wait for the Fire department to come with the power jaws to free me, so I undid my seatbelt and lowered / fell to the ground / roof. Both t-tops had shattered. I crawled through the broken glass and out through the passenger side window. I don't know if it was the glass I crawled through or not, but my arms were all cut up and my left ear bleeding from impact with the drivers side window. I never left consciousness so I don't think I had a concussion. The paramedics looked me over anyway. Nobody stopped to help. I was charged with careless, but beat it in court. I think I told the story about the insurance pay out etc. and so I came out way ahead with a newer (less mileage) car, money in my pocket and no real physical harm.

Reactions: 1st Vette
You were very lucky that you didn’t break your neck. And also lucky you were alone. I was
only in one rollover but was not injured. Scary business for sure. Black ice is a bitch .

Did they see you coming, or did you phone them?
This is current at at Toronto Buffing.
Ceramic Pro Gold Package
The ultimate permanent paint protection. Backed by a Lifetime Warranty.
You receive:
4 layers of “Ceramic Pro 9H” as paint protection on all painted surfaces
1 layer of “Ceramic Pro Light” (top coat)
1 layer of “Ceramic Pro Rain” on all windows
1 layer of “Ceramic Pro Wheel & Caliper” on rims calipers & exhaust tips.

This high end ceramic coating boast extreme resistance to swirls, chemicals, and other environmental factors. Vehicle retains high levels of gloss, and extreme hydrophobic behaviour or "beading".

Starting @$2400.00 Plus Cost of Correction (additional for oversized)

Care to explain your slur?
Should be self explanatory. (and i forgot the "lol", sorry)
I did my C7 twice.....two motorcycles, and a mid sized pickup truck with ceramic coating I'd bought online. I have enough product remaining to do the same vehicles again. Cost was $90.... total.
Yes, there's physical labour required......but no where near two thousand dollars worth......IMHO......+lol,lol,lol.

What product do you use? IMO it matters how often you have to reapply it. Once a year is fine for my winter beater so I use an Armour All car wash for that.
Also I made a mistake on the price it was 1600 for the ceramic. And a "wink" would have sufficed as I can take a dig as well as the next guy.

Reactions: AxeZ06
I use stuff that comes from Avalon King.
It's a Canadian company, so that ticks my biggest box.
It gets very good reviews.
It's a little more difficult to apply & buff than regular wax, but worth the effort, IMO.
But. The prep work is equally important, if not more.......wash it, clay bar (buy in bulk online, or Mother's kit from the Crappy Tire, etc), wash again with isopropyl, then apply & buff ceramic coating. There's paint correction needed on used vehicles, but I don't go there.
My bike was still like day #1, after four yrs. Then I crashed it/wrote it off.
The stuff goes on sale often.....I got 3 packs for $89 in 2018. I still have 1.5 left.

Reactions: Murray20c8
Just curious. Did you keep track of the total time required to do your car start to finish ? And the time from start to the product being cured and the vehicle being usable again ? My wife questioned me one time about doing a job myself which was about 20 hrs labour . She pointed out that I could bill 4 hours through my business and hire someone else to do it and spend that time doing something that I enjoyed. Fact is though that I did enjoy the satisfaction of doing the job myself. Depends on how you look at it and what value you put on your time. It can be argued that time is the most valuable thing that we have.