The C7 was approximately 10 hours, start to finish.....second application took me less than 2 hours.
Even though the bike(s) are a lot less area, each one was ~12 hours.
Pick up was about 4 hours, but was more of a "reckless abandon" type of job....'cause the Ridgeline "doesn't matter" as much.
My 70 yr old broken down ass hates the process (3 discs missing replaced with hardware, dislocated L knee with 7 surgeries to date, 75% of my colon is in the bin, and various other issues) but I love the results of my own doings.
I'm still banging a pickleball competitively two or 3 times a week. Physical torture (and the hot tub) keeps me going.
lol.

Reactions: 1st Vette
The C7 was approximately 10 hours, start to finish.....second application took me less than 2 hours.
Even though the bike(s) are a lot less area, each one was ~12 hours.
Pick up was about 4 hours, but was more of a "reckless abandon" type of job....'cause the Ridgeline "doesn't matter" as much.
My 70 yr old broken down ass hates the process (3 discs missing replaced with hardware, dislocated L knee with 7 surgeries to date, 75% of my colon is in the bin, and various other issues) but I love the results of my own doings.
I'm still banging a pickleball competitively two or 3 times a week. Physical torture (and the hot tub) keeps me going.
lol.
Mine was 5 coats. 4 layers of 9H and one layer of "light"
If I make $35 per hour my time is worth that to me. If it took me 10 hours for the first coat and 2 or each other we are talking 18 hours. 18 x 35 is $630 The rear vents on a C8 are intricate and plentiful and were done. The wheels were also done. Not to mention the paint correction they did. To me it was worth $1600.
I might try that product on the Malibu. It's always good to know others experiences.

• Agree
Reactions: 1st Vette
I've been getting quotes for full PPF on a C8. $5K CAD is the cheapest I've seen so far, and $6K USD is the most expensive. If you are keeping the car for 4-5 years, that will be money you never get back. Ceramic is a convenience to have while you own the car. But again, you will never see that money again. Trust me...I'm going through it right now as I sell my C8.

I've been getting quotes for full PPF on a C8. $5K CAD is the cheapest I've seen so far, and $6K USD is the most expensive. If you are keeping the car for 4-5 years, that will be money you never get back. Ceramic is a convenience to have while you own the car. But again, you will never see that money again. Trust me...I'm going through it right now as I sell my C8.
Those quotes are seemingly high to me. Keep shopping.

Curious as to how much $ it would be to paint the whole front end of a C8 . You have to ask how much half a dozen or more stone chips would reduce resale value in the eyes of a prospective buyer as well. I would have had a nasty chunk out of the paint the second day I owned my car but the PPF got a tear and the paint is fine. As for ceramic, just from my two months of ownership worth every penny. There are many many things that you pay for that you never get the cost back. Take the average vehicle purchase for example. Pay , drive off the lot, and you just lost money. In some cases a lot.
Based on the search results, the average percentage depreciation for new vehicles in the first year is typically around 20%.Specifically:
  • New cars lose approximately 20% of their value in the first year of ownership.
  • Some sources indicate the range can be 15-25% depreciation in the first year.
  • The depreciation is often steepest immediately after purchase, with cars losing over 10% of their value during the first month alone.
  • Luxury vehicles and high-end models may depreciate even faster, sometimes losing 40-50% in the first year.
The main factors contributing to this rapid first-year depreciation include:
  • The transition from "new" to "used" status
  • Initial fees and taxes paid upfront
  • Expiration of manufacturer incentives
  • The warranty period beginning to count down

Not sure how close you are to Toronto but this place is offering complete front end, mirrors , lights etc starting at $1749 . They use X-pel which is one of the best types. And of course it’s more to do the entire vehicle but do you really need more than just the front end and rockers ?

Not sure how close you are to Toronto but this place is offering complete front end, mirrors , lights etc starting at $1749 . They use X-pel which is one of the best types. And of course it’s more to do the entire vehicle but do you really need more than just the front end and rockers ?

Directly from Elegan's website...$4900 for full ppf coverage. $5K is the going rate.
1721149381024.png

I had mine 100% covered in ppf for just over 4 grand. He sharpened his pencil for this one because he wanted the "glory" of showcasing the car....
Would I do it again ??? Probably not the whole vehicle. Just front end , mirrors, etc.
I worry a lot more about the windshield than a small paint chip. These HUD windshields are quite expensive.