Hmmmmm. I don't know much about the 928's and wonder how many people here would know enough to give advice. I'm looking forward to hearing what others say and if anyone knows.

I was looking at buying a Porsche 928. I really like the cars of the early 80's.

I have a 84 Vette and a 85 Vette I got cheap now I would like some other 80's cars.

Delorean

Porsche 928

Is there any years of 928 I should avoid?
Great looking cars that always stood out in the crowd but if you think the corvette tax is high wait till you see the Porsche tax
Had to buy ignition wires for a customer back in the day , $100 EACH wire, maybe more choice nowadays
As usual the latest production years had better motors and bugs worked out so buy latest you can find/ afford
Heard they made the list for best future collectable cars
Cheers

Great looking cars that always stood out in the crowd but if you think the corvette tax is high wait till you see the Porsche tax
Had to buy ignition wires for a customer back in the day , $100 EACH wire, maybe more choice nowadays
As usual the latest production years had better motors and bugs worked out so buy latest you can find/ afford
Heard they made the list for best future collectable cars
Cheers

Ya I have always liked the 928. Then when I saw:
Scarface
Risky Business

And it's lights flip up like a C4.

Just way to cool. I love the old sports cars

Delorean
Ferrari 308
C4 obviously
Jaguar(almost bought one with a corvette TPI)
Also looking at a 911 with a Chevy 350 in it.
But got scared afraid of the hack job on putting an American engine in a euro car.

Nelson, there is a guy in Texas, I think John's Jaguars, who builds conversion kits for Jaguar to North American V8 power. He sells complete kits wiring, mounts and whatever else is needed. He advertises in Hemmings Motor News all the time. He also sells and collects railway equipment. My kind of guy.

First car I owned was an Austin Healey 3000 with a 327 Chevrolet. Amazing I survived. It was a love/hate relationship for certain.

The 928 is an interesting car.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.