The only weakness would be too many electronics and gizmos. OK when the car is new, but I don't want to own ours once it gets old.
Not sure we can get away from the electronics and gizmos anymore. At least if we are buying anything relatively recent. Just about everything for at least the last decade or more has tons of gizmos in varying degrees. I really think the average backyard mechanic is pretty much hooped when it comes to repairs anymore. The days of throwing in a set of plugs, points, distributor cap and wires are long gone. Let alone diagnosing and fixing a glitch in the active rev matching or fuel management or magnetic ride systems.... ughhh... ok... maybe there are some weaknesses.... lol.....

Hahaha. I don't know what crack I was on and don't let Keith shake you about the weakness so let me rephrase...... Corvettes have their strengths and lesser strengths. For instance, have you ever needed to use the headlights on a C5? That is a lesser strength. :D
As for electronics, there's no way to get away from them now-a-day so all cars have this and it is a bit scary for those of us that want to keep a car a long time.
One nice things about the old cars. A with a 1/2" wrench, or 9/16" wrench, or a flat screw driver, you could fix about 90% of the repairs on the cars.

Reactions: Keith Tedford
Hahaha. I don't know what crack I was on and don't let Keith shake you about the weakness so let me rephrase...... Corvettes have their strengths and lesser strengths. For instance, have you ever needed to use the headlights on a C5? That is a lesser strength. :D
As for electronics, there's no way to get away from them now-a-day so all cars have this and it is a bit scary for those of us that want to keep a car a long time.
One nice things about the old cars. A with a 1/2" wrench, or 9/16" wrench, or a flat screw driver, you could fix about 90% of the repairs on the cars.

I got a notice the other day from GM explaining how to get out of our 2005 if the electrical systems fail. I was already aware of the pull handles on the floor by the seats to open the doors and where the key goes when on the outside to get the hatch open and open the driver's door from there, as well as the gas filler. If they are going to make all this redundant equipment, then I would be just as happy to have door handles and forget the electrical stuff. I heard something last year about a guy suffocating in his Corvette when he didn't know how to get out of his car when the electrics failed. Three levers and the hatch pops out as well. The story sounded rather strange. I like the old Keep It Simple Stupid methods. KISS for short.

I got a notice the other day from GM explaining how to get out of our 2005 if the electrical systems fail. I was already aware of the pull handles on the floor by the seats to open the doors and where the key goes when on the outside to get the hatch open and open the driver's door from there, as well as the gas filler. If they are going to make all this redundant equipment, then I would be just as happy to have door handles and forget the electrical stuff. I heard something last year about a guy suffocating in his Corvette when he didn't know how to get out of his car when the electrics failed. Three levers and the hatch pops out as well. The story sounded rather strange. I like the old Keep It Simple Stupid methods. KISS for short.
Ok.... this is too weird.... there must be a rash of people getting stuck in their cars... I got my notice 2 days ago from GM for my C7. At least they also explained how to get into the car as well as getting out.... I thought it was a recall when I opened the envelope. To be honest, I find it hard to believe that someone could own a corvette and not at least wonder what that pull handle on the floor is for.... especially if you were trapped to the point of suffocating...

Actually I thought it sounded like it had a bag of loose washers tied to each tailpipe...but.... so not to put any undue pressure on Bill's relationship, I'm sure all manufacturers have, at one time or another, built an engine that sounded that way....:Smug:

Ok.... this is too weird.... there must be a rash of people getting stuck in their cars... I got my notice 2 days ago from GM for my C7. At least they also explained how to get into the car as well as getting out.... I thought it was a recall when I opened the envelope. To be honest, I find it hard to believe that someone could own a corvette and not at least wonder what that pull handle on the floor is for.... especially if you were trapped to the point of suffocating...

I thought that it sounded a little weird too. Three latches and kick the roof out if need be. The first thing that I did was read the thick owner's manual. Lots of good stuff in there.

I thought that it sounded a little weird too. Three latches and kick the roof out if need be. The first thing that I did was read the thick owner's manual. Lots of good stuff in there.
I also read the manual inside out on both my C6 and the C7. I will say that the C6 manual was waaaaaaayyyyy easier to follow. Sort of relates to the amount of gizmo's discussion from a few days ago....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread