IMG_8941.jpeg

The Best Collaborative Gathering of Alberta Corvette Owners of 2023 … so far 😄👍🏻

Thank you to all the men and women who attended our event! We had 28 vettes in attendance! It was awesome to see some ole friends and meet some new friends! Weather was ok it could have been better but it could have been much worse. Nice to see so many C8s. Thank you for making this event a success!! See you next year…… or sooner.
Bruce

Is that the entrance they use on Ice Road Truckers?

Looks like a good time, glad the weather and the wildfires held out for you...
Thanks. Yes. It's the truckers short cut across the lake. Saves them using the road and going an extra mile. :Biggrin:

Yeah. The wildfires are setting records this year. If we don't get some rain soon it will only get worse. As of yesterday we have 122,000 hectares burning and unfortunately most are in populated areas this year. We have 25,000 people evacuated currently from various communities. A lot of the fires are the result of idiots ignoring the current fire ban and burning their garbage barrels or their backyard firepits. I have an incinerator on my farm for my garbage with a screened 6 foot chimney and I wouldn't even think of lighting it, let alone an open fire.

Rumour has gone around that the NDP party here has set the fires so the rural evacuees (who are typically anti NDP) won't be able to vote on May 15th.... lol.... Amazing the rumour garbage that politics brings out of the closet .... :Ack2:

For anyone debating whether to come next year, one thing I wasn't expecting (this being my first time) was the GREAT BBQ'd BURGERS the local catering company served, hot off the grill...with +++ fresh buns. I know it's a little thing and in the big picture, it doesn't compare to meeting everyone, putting a face to a name, and seeing all the nice Corvettes, but I encourage everyone to come out next year and enjoy the food as a bonus. I'll add my thanks to Rruuff Day for setting things up and using his pull with Mother Nature to get us decent weather.

Noticed a few people attending were wearing strange Shirts. I could tell by a logo that they were definitely pro-“Oil” 😄👍🏻
… and thinking they are otherwise perhaps an undecided provincial voter by wearing something Orange and Blue … 👌🏻😉

Last edited:
I cant believe that most of you just pulled your Princess cars outta the garage from their winter slumber and promptly parked them on grass, dirt and gravel lol...
Speaking for myself, I fell into peer pressure and it was scary. Guess I can always dust off the rims and tires.

For anyone debating whether to come next year, one thing I wasn't expecting (this being my first time) was the GREAT BBQ'd BURGERS the local catering company served, hot off the grill...with +++ fresh buns. I know it's a little thing and in the big picture, it doesn't compare to meeting everyone, putting a face to a name, and seeing all the nice Corvettes, but I encourage everyone to come out next year and enjoy the food as a bonus. I'll add my thanks to Rruuff Day for setting things up and using his pull with Mother Nature to get us decent weather.
I will be sure to pass on your praises to the caterers!