Power User
Mar 27, 2019
Bonnyville
VetteCoins
Car
70th #1259
Province
AB
So I am a little pi##ed off. Some low life popped the center caps off my wheels. Hope they enjoy their new coasters. 🤬

$25 a piece.

43F89360-C878-4CED-931A-F120B2378984.jpeg

Similarly, I had this frustrating thing being the norm of owning a 1984 Camaro.
I will never forget having to remove my wheel caps every time I parked it.
Antagonizing and something that can easily become an OCD thing to say the least.
Just terrible that someone would take something of yours for granted as theirs.
Truly no other respectful purpose for them other than where they were.

When we bought our used 2005 Corvette, it already had McGard lock nuts installed with the socket in the glove box. In the fall I would put the original painted wheels on for winter storage so the wheels had been off and on the car a few times and I ALWAYS use a torque wrench, never trusting the Armstrong torque wrench. On removing the wheels one fall, a big chunk broke out of one of the lock nuts. Thinking that I may not have had the socket on straight, I was extra careful and a small piece broke off another. I managed to get the bad nut off with the help of my die grinder, hammer and chisel. The nuts were glass hard. 62 Rockwell or more I would think. I run without them now. The picture shows from left to right, the socket, a good nut, the nut with the small piece out of it and the bad one that took a lot of work to remove. I spent 41 years as a tool and die maker so am used to such stuff. The average person, without the proper equipment would have had to go to a dealer to get the work done.

Attachments

• IMG_5770.JPG
    IMG_5770.JPG
    274.9 KB · Views: 16
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.