That isn't a 58 Chev @1st Vette. This thread was set up back in 2018 for one of our Corvette member friends (he hasn't been back in a while) who has restored 58 chevys. I think we should keep that theme going for XFIRE82.
Fair enough but going by many of the posts on this thread you wouldn’t know it unless of course it was pointed out as you have just done or you were here in 2018 and had followed the thread. X-fire in and of itself doesn’t explain much .Also at the top of the page it does say “ general vehicle discussions “ . So as not to offend the tradition perhaps we should start a thread for everything except restored 58 Chevys .
IMG_2062.jpeg

Fair enough but going by many of the posts on this thread you wouldn’t know it unless of course it was pointed out as you have just done or you were here in 2018 and had followed the thread. X-fire in and of itself doesn’t explain much .Also at the top of the page it does say “ general vehicle discussions “ . So as not to offend the tradition perhaps we should start a thread for everything except restored 58 Chevys .View attachment 120832
Yes you could do that.....

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
That isn't a 58 Chev @1st Vette. This thread was set up back in 2018 for one of our Corvette member friends (he hasn't been back in a while) who has restored 58 chevys. I think we should keep that theme going for XFIRE82.
He hasn't been seen in 4.5 years! He doesn't care, so why should we?

• Agree
Reactions: 1st Vette
He hasn't been seen in 4.5 years! He doesn't care, so why should we?
Michael was a stand up guy that I have both met and admired. Along with many of us that have been here for a long time, we respect that and Black's tribute thread to him. Xfire and his contributions to numerous threads will be remembered. Which is more than I can say for a lot of the newbies asking redundant questions about their C8's. Most of them don't even know there's other sections of the forum. And that is fine if that's their only interest but many of us have a broader realm of interest than that.

Actually the vast majority do keep with the original theme. Scroll back to Page 1 and have a look through 4,525 posts.
I now see after having the time to go back through the posts that I spoke too soon on that point. Most of the off topic posts were probably mine ! Or certainly quite a few lately . Now that I’m aware of the significance of the thread, it not being obvious to the average poster , I certainly will respect that. Hence the “ other than X-fire “ thread. Kudos to @Black 03 Z06 for finding such a vast amount of appropriate subject matter . We hopefully learn something new every day.

Michael was a stand up guy that I have both met and admired. Along with many of us that have been here for a long time, we respect that and Black's tribute thread to him. Xfire and his contributions to numerous threads will be remembered. Which is more than I can say for a lot of the newbies asking redundant questions about their C8's. Most of them don't even know there's other sections of the forum. And that is fine if that's their only interest but many of us have a broader realm of interest than that.
Doesn't answer my question. It fills up the "What's new" with nothing of "Corvette" interests. Again, he hasn't logged in for 4.5 years. So I ask why are we doing just that year of chev? Why not allow other Chev's in one location. It's easier to navigate if it's all in one place.
Forums are always full of the most current models. Whether it's Camaros or Mustangs or Corvettes. Most contributing members are now C8 owners. In a few years it will shift to C9's as it shifted from the C6 when the C7 came out. That's the way of the world.
Edit: Can we at least change the name of the thread to "58 chevs for xfire"

Doesn't answer my question. It fills up the "What's new" with nothing of "Corvette" interests. Again, he hasn't logged in for 4.5 years. So I ask why are we doing just that year of chev? Why not allow other Chev's in one location. It's easier to navigate if it's all in one place.
Forums are always full of the most current models. Whether it's Camaros or Mustangs or Corvettes. Most contributing members are now C8 owners. In a few years it will shift to C9's as it shifted from the C6 when the C7 came out. That's the way of the world.
A name change would make it clearer for sure.

X Fire was a significant participant to the CCF forum who just happened to have a skill set to restore 58 Chevrolets, many of them award winning cars built in a home shop. Yes for a variety of reasons he has not been on in a long time, perhaps there are fewer members who have a recollection of who he was. I am just not inclined to rename the thread, if someone does not want to investigate what is all about then so be it. At some point I will run out of pictures and that will be that.

If you want something as an alternative well start your own post(s). I would be happy to contribute where I can, it is tough to keep threads on track, I st thread went 15 posts to go from cars to mobsters. ;)

X Fire was a significant participant to the CCF forum who just happened to have a skill set to restore 58 Chevrolets, many of them award winning cars built in a home shop. Yes for a variety of reasons he has not been on in a long time, perhaps there are fewer members who have a recollection of who he was. I am just not inclined to rename the thread, if someone does not want to investigate what is all about then so be it. At some point I will run out of pictures and that will be that.

If you want something as an alternative well start your own post(s). I would be happy to contribute where I can, it is tough to keep threads on track, I st thread went 15 posts to go from cars to mobsters. ;)
I think 15 posts is fairly respectable given how quickly some are hijacked , lol .And I completely agree that a post like X-fire should be respected now that I am aware. I see that even the name of the new thread “ other than x-fire “ has already been hijacked , lol again.

I think 15 posts is fairly respectable given how quickly some are hijacked , lol .And I completely agree that a post like X-fire should be respected now that I am aware. I see that even the name of the new thread “ other than x-fire “ has already been hijacked , lol again.
I changed it as it was worse than the original! ;) Let me know if it isn't desire and I'll change it to what you want. It's confusing for newer members.

• Agree
Reactions: 1st Vette
As we advised you some time ago when you were whining about the Locomotives thread, no one is forcing you to open any What's New that doesn't appeal to you.... You have an ignore button as well if Black's or any others member's posts don't appeal to you. Easy breezy.

As we advised you some time ago when you were whining about the Locomotives thread, no one is forcing you to open any What's New that doesn't appeal to you.... You have an ignore button as well if Black's or any others member's posts don't appeal to you. Easy breezy.
I don't remember whining at all. If you want new members to leave because it gets filled with other stuff and can't participate because they forum title is unclear then fine. Yes I can ignore it, but you aren't helping others by whining when they add something to a thread whose title is unclear.

Reactions: Matt_Orleans