Question for the Moderators. When I open Picture for XFIRE on my phone I get posts by Black 03 Z06 dated Sep 18, 2018, Sep 25 Oct 6 etc......really strange. Every second item posted by XFIRE82 with responses by Black 03 Z06 .....WOW. Murray you were a Moderator back then. Any ideas why this is? I believe posts on my computer are current.

Oh well it was fun looking back.

Over the years I've seen a few of these wagons with the Impala sheetmetal grafted in. They reshape the lower tailgate to mate with the extra Impala tripple lights. Impala roof ornament added and the Impala rear quarters with the pitchfork molding . The sloped door pillar is a hard one to do but they look good and are unique to the 5-6-7 Nomads. Looks like a all steel car, no mud on it. Notice the leaded body seam at the rear corner going down to the outside tail light. I said lead cause that is what the factory used back then...real lead. The boys doing it with a torch and a paddle , not a easy task. I tried it once and all I got was lead dripping in the floor.
A few pics I had saved in my files. The yellow one just might be the project one you got posted up there Black 03. ??

View attachment 20661
View attachment 20662
View attachment 20663
I have found these original XFIRE82 posts from October 2018........Now see if "Reply" works. Peter March 18, 2023 Still does not explain my phone opening with these early posts - I have an iPhone 7 which is just about as old. BIG PLUS is XFIRE"S explanation for triple tail lights in wagon see Attach 20661. All is good in memories.

• Agree
Reactions: BDK
Question for the Moderators. When I open Picture for XFIRE on my phone I get posts by Black 03 Z06 dated Sep 18, 2018, Sep 25 Oct 6 etc......really strange. Every second item posted by XFIRE82 with responses by Black 03 Z06 .....WOW. Murray you were a Moderator back then. Any ideas why this is? I believe posts on my computer are current.

Oh well it was fun looking back.
It's a trick to screw with your head....lol... Ok... Not a trick. I'm assuming you are opening the thread fresh from the forums menu. When you do that, it automatically takes you to page 1 of the particular forum. I always open from the What's New tab in the sidebar and it takes me to the latest unread post for the particular thread.

It's a trick to screw with your head....lol... Ok... Not a trick. I'm assuming you are opening the thread fresh from the forums menu. When you do that, it automatically takes you to page 1 of the particular forum. I always open from the What's New tab in the sidebar and it takes me to the latest unread post for the particular thread.
Thanx!

1679169264948.png

Hope I have not overplayed my hand with this one. This 58 Yeoman two door wagon is a beauty. With the wooden front bumper push attachment it is or was probably used to support an asphalt racer, it is too clean for dirt. So the last 50 pages or so of angst, started by that Dave guy ( :Biggrin: ) concerning the alignment of the bumper to side trim on both sides may be put to rest with these two pictures. I believe it is possible. What say you?

D0EE791B-905F-4364-AC3C-1EE8AD1EB2F2.jpeg
A69AE7DE-EFFC-4017-B57D-A8E74DC32196.jpeg

Hope I have not overplayed my hand with this one. This 58 Yeoman two door wagon is a beauty. With the wooden front bumper push attachment it is or was probably used to support an asphalt racer, it is too clean for dirt. So the last 50 pages or so of angst, started by that Dave guy ( :Biggrin: ) concerning the alignment of the bumper to side trim on both sides may be put to rest with these two pictures. I believe it is possible. What say you?

View attachment 107005View attachment 107004
Good try Murray! Nice example, but I think you may have switched ends here on this not too level playing field. This guy cheated because with the push bar being the force straightened up a misaligned front bumper. Looks good! But Dave, I respectfully pass to your opinion, so what do you think of the rear bumper? A little droopy towards the front do you not think? Now we may spend the next 50 pages assessing rear chrome pieces. In the picture below we can blame the trim. Also like the ladies distraction in some of the previous pages it takes away from a beautiful........Oh! I forget! Where was I was looking here? Sorry, but maybe here's a start to a revised inspection.

1679413172334.png

Last edited:
Good try Murray! Nice example, but I think you may have switched ends here on this not too level playing field. This guy cheated because with the push bar being the force straightened up a misaligned front bumper. Looks good! But Dave, I respectfully pass to your opinion, so what do you think of the rear bumper? A little droopy towards the front do you not think? Now we may spend the next 50 pages assessing rear chrome pieces. In the picture below we can blame the trim. Also like the ladies distraction in some of the previous pages it takes away from a beautiful........Oh! I forget! Where was I was looking here? Sorry, but maybe here's a start to a revised inspection.

View attachment 107016
Okay .. drag me into it. My opinion is the lumpy bondo job just above the rear wheel well is worse that the misaligned rear bumper.