blu.jpg

hmmmmm...obviously an engineered wind force calculation was not used in this design. Just in case anyone wants to build one, here it is.....(I made a wild guess at it's size) As a side note, don't take it out on a windy day...you'll regret it...

FORMULA USED:
F = A * (Ce * Cq * Qs)​
SQ FT:
400 sq ft​
WIND PRESSURE:
7.721 lbs per sq ft​
TOTAL FORCE:
3,088.384 lbs
2,277.875 N-m​
ELEMENTS:
  • Ce = 1.45
  • Cq = 1.3
  • Qs = 4.096

And the frictional forces increase exponentially with velocity, so question one would be could it move ?
Now it does appears to be sitting level on its suspension, however it appears there is no way to raise the hood, it will hit the angled struts. My guess is it was constructed on the basis that no design is necessary, we'll just solve any problems as we come to them. Sort of like something I read once about the auto industry, the basic attitude with a new line was "It's the first year, we know its a piece of crap, but buy it anyway. That will keep us in cash flow and we'll be able to improve it and you can buy a better one in a couple of years.

Sort of like something I read once about the auto industry, the basic attitude with a new line was "It's the first year, we know its a piece of crap, but buy it anyway. That will keep us in cash flow and we'll be able to improve it and you can buy a better one in a couple of years.
Shouldn't talk that way about the C8 Dave....:Biggrin:.....:noooo:

(Good thing none of them come here.... I hope...lol)

Here's one for the records. One of my good friends is Bob McJannett who started Performance Improvements Speed Shops in Toronto circa 1964. Here is is wife Susan, and co-founder, out front of the original location at 1268 The Queensway in her 1958 Pontiac Parisienne two-door hardtop,

Attachments

• Susan McJannett.jpg
    Susan McJannett.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 8