Case75

High RPM Poster
2 You're 10
Jul 6, 2012
Earth
VetteCoins
Car
none right now.
Slow news day so I thought I'd post up some pics of some further engine detailing work I've been doing...

OwenSound-20120927-00008.jpg

OwenSound-20120927-00009.jpg

OwenSound-20120927-00010.jpg

OwenSound-20120927-00011.jpg

OwenSound-20120927-00012.jpg

OwenSound-20120927-00013.jpg

Did some painting of the rear suspension and spare tire carrier but it doesn't show up well in this pic...

OwenSound-20120927-00014.jpg

Honestly, for the paints...mostly Tremclad. I got some stainless steel paint and some cast blast paint from Corvette Central. The cast blast looks great on the master cylinder. As for the polishing just some chrome polish; can't remember the brand name.

nice. the cast blast looks great did you do it on or off the car ? got to get me some in my next cc order. looks like a 3" air element,no ? how much drop on the base ? i have started a little engine dress-up edel. tri-angular breather,m/t valve covers 25 bucks on local kijiji. i am using a chrome oil breather cap with a built in p.c.v., cleans thing up nicely.

nice. the cast blast looks great did you do it on or off the car ? got to get me some in my next cc order. looks like a 3" air element,no ? how much drop on the base ? i have started a little engine dress-up edel. tri-angular breather,m/t valve covers 25 bucks on local kijiji. i am using a chrome oil breather cap with a built in p.c.v., cleans thing up nicely.

Thanks Doug. I painted the master cylinder on the car; just masked eveything else in the vicinity. Yes, it's a 14X3 filter; I can't remember the drop but its a good inch I think. It's from the GM performance catalogue. I like the idea of the breather cap. I painted the rear spring primer gray like they were from the factory; mine was replaced a couple of years ago.

Greg.

Greg...nice work on the engine compartment.. Very clean.!
Is that a new hood insulation blanket too?
Graham

Thanks Graham. I bought the hood insulator from Corvette Central; my old one had seen better days. Best $40 you can spend under the hood I think. I repainted the original attatchment clips with cad paint as they were cad plated from the factory but it's a bit too silver colour for my liking. I notice some guys just paint them flat black.

Greg.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.